Le Saint Bernard ^_^
ConnexionConnexion
Se connecter pour lire ses MPSe connecter pour lire ses MP

Thread 
Message elaine95 le Jeu Mai 23, 2019 3:02   Remonter
Répondre en citant  

ALLEN PARK Miles Killebrew Jersey , Mich. (AP) — The Detroit Lions have a losing record, and one of the best teams in the NFL is coming to town.And the Lions won’t be at full strength when they face the Los Angeles Rams this weekend.Detroit put wide receiver Marvin Jones on injured reserve Monday after he missed the past two games with a knee injury. Jones’ absence leaves the Detroit receiving corps down another player. The Lions traded Golden Tate earlier this season.Jones has 35 catches for 508 yards and five touchdowns this season.“We just have to figure it out, roll with the next guy in there and see how it goes,” coach Matt Patricia said. “We can’t look back in those situations, we just have to look forward and we have to keep pushing. There’s nothing we can do about it. From that standpoint, it just gives other guys opportunities to go out and perform and go out and play at a high level.”Second-year receiver Kenny Golladay has been impressive and figures to be the team’s most dangerous target the rest of the season.“I think Kenny’s done a good job all year,” Patricia said. “I think it’s something that we talked about, probably going back to the spring, and then identified his ability and his skillset that we think can help us win in certain situations. Certainly, finding different ways to get him the ball is important for us Nick Bellore Jersey , but he’s certainly a focal point for a lot of teams that we face. That puts stress on other areas that we have to be able to come through with.”The Lions (4-7) signed linebacker Nicholas Grigsby to the active roster from the practice squad and signed defensive end Eric Lee to the practice squad.After spending years trying to build a dynamic offense around quarterback Matthew Stafford, Detroit is suddenly hoping its quarterback can lead a more limited group . Not only does he not have Tate or Jones to throw to, but the Lions were also without rookie running back Kerryon Johnson (knee) in their Thanksgiving loss to Chicago .Stafford threw for only 236 yards in that game. Now Detroit will have more time to adjust to playing without Jones.“Going through these NFL seasons, guys go down for injury, guys go down for different reasons,” offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter said. “We make adjustments. We adjust to fit the players.”The Rams (10-1) come into Sunday’s game after a weekend off. Their most recent game was a 54-51 win over Kansas City on Nov. 19.So the Lions may need to score a lot to win this game — with whoever is healthy enough to play.“I think it’s important for us to kind of look forward to this opportunity,” Cooter said. “We’ve got five games. We’re going to go play ball and we’re going to go kind of see what certain guys can do and how we play.”NOTES: Jamal Agnew, who went on IR earlier this season with a knee injury, said he hasn’t been cleared to practice. Agnew, who earned All-Pro honors last season as a punt returner T.J. Jones Jersey , would not say if he is running yet, and it’s not clear if he’ll be able to come back this season. “I’m always feeling good, but that’s not my decision to make,” he said. “I’m just going to put myself in the best position to try to come back and help the team win.” It keeps looking like Lions defensive end Ezekiel Ansah is about to play, and he keeps not playing.And Lions coach Matt Patricia is definitely tired of talking about it.The Lions franchise player hasn’t suited up for a game since a shoulder injury in the opener, though he’s had weeks (including last week) when he practiced and appeared ready to go. But he was inactive last week against the Dolphins.So Patricia started channeling his old mentor Bill Belichick when asked when he knew when Ansah wasn’t going to be available.鈥淚 don鈥檛 know. Whatever we listed last week on the injury report, he replied, via聽Carlos Monarrez, of the Detroit Free Press.鈥淗ere鈥檚 what I鈥檓 going to say about the Ziggy conversation, just so I can answer all those questions up front Kerry Hyder Jersey ,鈥?Patricia said. 鈥淶iggy鈥檚 doing everything he can day by day to get out there and play. And when he鈥檚 ready to go he鈥檚 certainly, he鈥檚 someone that we think can help us win.鈥淎nd that鈥檚 the bottom line, is we鈥檙e trying to win. So when we have anybody on our team that will help us win we鈥檒l put them out on the field.鈥滷urther attempts to clarify a confusing situation were cut off.鈥淭hat鈥檚 all I鈥檓 going to mention about that,鈥?Patricia said. 鈥淭he rest of it is we document the injury report every single week. We update those regularly and we try to put those guys out on the field every single day and see what they can get done. So I don鈥檛 really understand what the question is.鈥漁ne last attempt was met with:聽鈥淣ope, that鈥檚 it. I鈥檓 good there.鈥滳learly, Patricia is onto Seattle. But it’s still unclear when Ansah will return.He said last week he thought he was “pretty good,” and that it would be a “coach’s decision” if he played.Apparently it wasn’t, and the Lions spent another million dollars to watch him not play.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé