Le Saint Bernard ^_^
ConnexionConnexion
Se connecter pour lire ses MPSe connecter pour lire ses MP

Thread 
Message Cl11234566 le Mar Déc 24, 2019 8:40   Remonter
Répondre en citant  

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- C.J. Wilson doesnt throw a complete game very often. And both times he has, its been against the Tampa Bay Rays. The Los Angeles Angels left-hander scattered five hits in his second career shutout and Grant Green homered in a 6-0 victory Saturday night. Wilson threw 127 pitches, struck out five and escaped a bases-loaded jam in the seventh by inducing his third double-play grounder of the game. "I happened to throw a lot of pitches because I can manipulate my mechanics to take stress off here and there, try to change speeds and not throw every pitch as hard as I can," Wilson said. "I was throwing the ball harder in the eighth and ninth than I was in the sixth and seventh. You reserve a little bit in the tank, and then youre able to kind of let it loose." Two seasons ago, the Angels built an 8-0 lead for Wilson against Tampa Bay before he allowed seven runs in the fifth inning and ended up with a no-decision as the Rays won 10-8 at Angel Stadium. This time, there would be no comeback. "Theyre a weird team," Wilson said. "They swing the bats and theyre very aggressive -- but sometimes when theyre ahead in the count, they wont chase anything. So you have to throw really, really good strikes. "The guy that hits me really well is Ben Zobrist, and hes not in the lineup (because of a dislocated thumb), so I was a little excited about that. Ive made some bad pitches to him over the years. (Evan) Longoria hit a home run off me a couple of years ago -- and Im still chapped about that. So you remember some of the successes and failures against the individual guys." The two-time All-Star lefty has made 80 starts since his previous shutout and complete game, which was at Fort Lauderdale, Florida on Sept. 6, 2011, while pitching for Texas. The former Rangers reliever was converted into a starter in 2010, and has gone the distance seven times in 149 career starts. "Id been campaigning for that for two years," Wilson said. "Id been knocking on the door and it finally opened, so I felt like I broke through. As a starter, youve got to be committed to being physically fit and also mentally prepared." Wilson (5-3), who came in leading the majors with 116.3 pitches per start, threw just 75 through the first six innings before singles by Longoria and Yunel Escobar and a walk to Logan Forsythe loaded the bases with one out in the seventh. But Rays RBI leader James Loney grounded into a double play on the next pitch. "I made a couple of pitches with guys on base to get out of jams, and that was huge," Wilson said. "But the defence really bailed me out more than anything. They made some really good plays behind me. And the offence gave me six runs to work with, which is plenty -- especially when its in the first three innings like that." Cesar Ramos (1-3) lasted only 35 pitches, getting charged with four runs and four hits through 1 1-3 innings in his seventh start since he was inserted into the rotation to replace the injured Matt Moore. Howie Kendrick, who entered with a .363 career average against Tampa Bay, opened the scoring in the first with an RBI single and Erick Aybar hit a bases-loaded sacrifice fly two batters later. In the second, Ramos plunked No. 9 hitter Luis Jimenez just below the left knee with a pitch that bounced on the grass first. Collin Cowgill followed with a sharp single to the right of shortstop Escobar and continued to second on rookie centre fielder Kevin Kiermaiers throw to third. Manager Joe Maddon lifted Ramos at that point and brought in Brandon Gomes, who gave up a sacrifice fly to Mike Trout and an opposite-field ground-rule double by Albert Pujols that landed just inside the right field line. It was Pujols 535th career double, breaking a tie with Lou Gehrig for 34th place. It also ended an RBI drought of nine games and 39 at-bats by the two-time NL MVP since his run-scoring single against the Yankees Shawn Kelley on May 6 at Angel Stadium. "The bounced hit batter, I was kind of concerned about that -- and I thought it was really important to keep it where it was," Maddon said. "In general, we just have not been hitting lefties well. And if you look at Wilsons overall numbers against the guys in this particular lineup, I didnt see us scoring a whole lot of runs against him." Green, who came to the Angels last July in a trade that sent Alberto Callaspo to Oakland, made it 6-0 in the third with his homer to left-centre after a two-out double by Chris Iannetta. Green has two home runs in 174 career at-bats. The other one came on Sept. 2, 2013, a solo shot against Tampa Bays Josh Lueke at Angel Stadium as a pinch-hitter for Aybar. NOTES: Lueke was brought in to face Trout with the bases loaded in the sixth and struck him out. He then retired Pujols on a fielders choice grounder to short for the third out. ... Kiermaier, who was recalled from Triple-A Durham after CF Desmond Jennings went on the bereavement list following Friday nights loss, singled in the sixth for his first major league hit. Saints Jerseys 2021 . -- Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe was alert and recovering at a Denver hospital Saturday after suffering seizure-like symptoms when the teams bus pulled into the airport Friday afternoon for the flight to Kansas City. Stitched Saints Jerseys . They actually finished with a better record in ‘07 than they did in ‘06 but only marginally, going from 61 victories to 66. https://www.saintsjerseyssale.com/. According to a report from ESPN, the Green Bay Packers have re-signed the cornerback to a four-year, $39 million deal with a $12. New Orleans Saints Pro Shop . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Marc-Andre Fleury, Penguins (3) - Surrendered a tough first goal against on a deflection through the body short side. New Orleans Saints Gear . -- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have released veteran guard Davin Joseph, a mainstay on their offensive line over the past eight seasons. BELO HORIZONTE, Brazil -- Defying all the doubters, Costa Rica came through perhaps the toughest group of the World Cup unbeaten and on top. Costa Rica followed up its wins over Uruguay and Italy by holding England to a dour 0-0 draw on Tuesday, enough to finish first in Group D. Quite an achievement for a team that was seen as the rank outsider in the first ever World Cup group that contained three former champions. "It wasnt the death group after all -- at least not for us," Costa Rica coach Jorge Luis Pinto said. He dedicated the qualification to "those who believed in us and those who didnt." "People started believing after the game against Italy," he added. Uruguay also advanced from the group after beating Italy 1-0. Costa Rica only needed a draw to top Group D and played that way, setting up in a defensive 5-3-2 formation against England. The result gives Costa Rica its best World Cup performance. While Los Ticos reached the knockout stages in 1990, they finished second in a weaker group. Costa Rica will now play the runner-up in Group C in the second round. "We will have to keep fighting," Pinto said. "Whatever happens we are willing to fight." England lost its first two matches to Italy and Uruguay and was already eliminated. England goes home from Brazil without a win after striker Daniel Sturridge missed a number of chances Tuesday. But coach Roy Hodgson thought his team showed spirit against the Costa Ricans, trying to break down a stubborn defence. "We showed today what a good team we can be," England coach Roy Hodgson said. "Apart from the first 10 minutes, I thought we dominated." One of Sturridges best opportunities came in the 65th after a nice one-two with midfielder Jack Wilshere. But the forwards curling shot from the right just missed squeezing inside the far post. Costa Rica had started the match brightly, passing the ball around midfield with ease and making England chase them around. Forward Joel Campbell had an early chance, but his shot from inside the area deflected off Gary Cahill and went just wide in the second minute. Costa Ricas best chance came in the 23rd minute when Celso Borges curling free kick waas tipped onto the crossbar and out for a corner by England goalkeeper Ben Foster.dddddddddddd But that was about it in terms of attacking for the Costa Ricans and they were happy to absorb England pressure, especially in the second half. Pinto defended his team defensive tactics, saying Costa Rica was also out to attack. "Some people said we would only defend," he said. "No, thats not true. You have seen it. We have been able to attack as well. That is why we are very proud," With nothing to play for, Hodgson made nine changes to the England team, fielding a slew of younger talent, including Adam Lallana, Ross Barkley and Luke Shaw. Englands backup players looked disjointed in the first half, giving the ball away easily and finding it difficult to break through Costa Ricas setup. Wilshere made a fine run down the left in the 12th, setting up Sturridge just outside the area, but the forwards curling shot just missed wide. Wayne Rooney came on as a substitute late in the second half and made an instant impact for England. He found space just outside Costa Ricas area in the 80th, but the backpedalling Costa Rica goalkeeper Keylor Navas was able to tip it over the bar and out for a corner. While England showed improvement in the second half, the team just couldnt find a way a through Costa Ricas rearguard. A hardcore group of about 150 England fans stayed in the stands long after the final whistle in an otherwise empty Mineirao Stadium, chanting loudly and jumping up and down. About 25 armed riot police with shields and batons formed a line behind stewards who were urging them to leave. Singing "England Till We Die," the fans eventually left the stands peacefully. ------ Lineups: Costa Rica: Keylor Navas; Giancarlo Gonzalez, Roy Miller, Oscar Duarte, Junior Diaz; Cristian Gamboa, Yeltsin Tejeda, Celso Borges (Michael Barrantes, 7Cool, Bryan Ruiz (captain); Randall Brenes (Christian Bolanos, 59), Joel Campbell (Marcos Urena, 65). England: Ben Foster; Phil Jones, Gary Cahill, Chris Smalling, Luke Shaw; James Milner (Wayne Rooney, 76), Frank Lampard (captain), Jack Wilshere (Steven Gerrard, 73); Ross Barkley, Adam Lallana (Raheem Sterling, 62), Daniel Sturridge. ' ' '
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé