Le Saint Bernard ^_^
ConnexionConnexion
Se connecter pour lire ses MPSe connecter pour lire ses MP

Thread 
Message Cl11234566 le Mer Déc 25, 2019 9:15   Remonter
Répondre en citant  

BEREA, Ohio -- Vince Young doesnt take anything for granted. Not after the road hes been down. Once of the NFLs rising stars before personal problems sidetracked the quarterbacks career, Young signed a one-year contract on Thursday with the Cleveland Browns. Although rusty, Young who hasnt played in a regular-season game since 2011, showed enough during a three-day tryout to get the deal. Its been a long climb back for Young, who wont celebrate with so much work to be done. "Theres no popping the champagne bottle," he said. The 30-year-old Young comes with an impressive resume after going 31-19 as an NFL starter and making two Pro Bowls. He was signed along with free agent QB Tyler Thigpen and linebacker Zac Diles shortly after the Browns completed their first minicamp under new coach Mike Pettine. This is another fresh start for Young, who spent part of the past two preseasons with Buffalo and Green Bay but hasnt appeared in a game since Dec. 18, 2011, for Philadelphia. He has endured financial problems, dealt with emotional issues and tried to balance his personal life while keeping his professional one afloat. Young is thankful for the new opportunity and plans to do all he can to convince the Browns that hes worth hanging onto for a while. After being offered a contract, Young told the Browns that instead of flying home to Texas, he planned to stay the weekend in Cleveland so he could become more acclimated with the teams playbook and to work out. "Right now I have my head down, just wanting to work and show the team, the organization what type of guy I am," Young said. "That was my whole focus and how much hard work I put in." Pettine said there were some moments over the past few days when Young looked like the Young of old. "He took off and ran for a first down, we just finished up a rack of third down plays here and you could tell hes very rusty," Pettine said. "I was just joking with him the other day that rust was falling off in large clumps, but he flashed a couple of times. You dont realize how big he is until you stand next to him. "We talk about all these 6-foot, 5-11 quarterbacks in the draft and then he comes walking out and you say, Oh, thats what theyre supposed to look like." Young acknowledged there were moments he felt like himself, and others when he struggled. "There is definitely some rust on there," he said. "The biggest thing is I just want to get down to my playing shape, eating right and try to get a feeling with the team, what they do with their workouts and things like that. "I just want to be around the team, be around the coaches and show them the part that they never see, the hard work that I do put in. Thats what theyre really about to see now." Thigpen was out of the league last year after playing six seasons with Kansas City, Miami and Buffalo. Hes 1-11 as a career starter with 21 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. "Its a great opportunity," he said. "I thought for a while there that the door was going to close, but now that opportunity has opened back up. Its time to take advantage of it." Young and Thigpen will be penciled in on the depth chart behind Brian Hoyer, who looked good in his first on-field work since undergoing knee surgery in October. Pettine was pleased with Hoyers progress. He was limited to individual and 7-on-7 drills, and hopes to be cleared for more in June. "As far as his preparation, how he approached the practice field, how he interacted with the players, it was as we expected and then some," Pettine said. NOTES: The Browns have until Saturday to pick up the fifth-year, $5.5 million contract option on DT Phil Taylor for 2015. Taylor promised the teams decision will not affect how he plays this season. "Im still going to go out there and do what Ive got to do for the team," Taylor said. "Im still a Cleveland Brown and Im going to be a Cleveland Brown until Im not." ... WR Nate Burleson was excused from the final day of camp. Air Force 1 Blue Store . The Pope greeted Klose at his general audience Wednesday and the pair had a long chat. Klose is German like the pope, although he was born in Poland. In Sundays derby, Lazio took the lead in the seventh minute after Maarten Stekelenburg brought down Klose, resulting in the Roma goalkeeper being sent off and a penalty that Hernanes converted. Air Force 1 Grey Cheap Outlet . The Tiger-Cats announced on Friday the linebacker has signed a new contract with the team through the 2016 season. http://www.airforce1storesale.com/fake-air-force-1-blue-outlet.html.J. -- The NHL reduced its penalty against the New Jersey Devils on Thursday for signing Ilya Kovalchuk in 2010. Air Force 1 Wholesale . Moors, from Cambridge Ont., landed a double-twisting, double somersault in the layout position, en route to a score of 14.600 points in the womens floor exercise, more than a full point ahead of runner-up Pia Tolle of Germany. Cheap Air Force 1 High . The right-hander pitched into the seventh inning and boosted Cincinnatis struggling offence by hitting a double and scoring as the Reds ended a seven-game losing streak by beating the Atlanta Braves 1-0 Saturday night.The Chicago Blackhawks called up two players Friday including highly-touted prospect Teuvo Teravainen. Jeremy Morin, who leads the Blackhawks AHL affiliate Rockford IceHogs with 24 goals, was also called up by the team. Morin has played in 15 games with the Blackhawks this season, scoring one goal and four assists. In 30 career NHL games the 22-year-old has four goals and six assists. Teravainen meanwhile, led Jokerit of the FFinnish Elite League with 44 points (nine goals and 35 assists) in 49 games this year.dddddddddddd Chicagos first-round draft pick in 2012, was the leading scorer in this years World Juniors with two goals and 15 points in helping Finland win a gold medal. The moves come as the Blackhawks placed Patrick Kane on the long-term injury list after his knee injury suffered in Wednesdays 4-0 win against the St. Louis Blues. ' ' '
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé