Le Saint Bernard ^_^
ConnexionConnexion
Se connecter pour lire ses MPSe connecter pour lire ses MP

Thread 
Message Cl11234566 le Ven Jan 03, 2020 8:59   Remonter
Répondre en citant  

MOORESVILLE, N.C. - Rico Abreu, coming off the biggest win of his career, will now get a shot at driving a stock car and climbing his way through NASCAR.The reigning USAC Midget champion announced a deal Tuesday to race in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East with HScott Motorsports with Justin Marks. Abreu, who won the prestigious Chili Bowl in Oklahoma on Saturday, will run all 14 K&N events along with his usual open-wheel schedule of more than 100 races.The 22-year-old Californian stands just 4-foot-4, weighs roughly 95 pounds and needs blocks under the pedals for him to reach them. But hes one of the most popular drivers in sprint car racing, and the Chili Bowl crowd chanted his name after he took the checkered flag.He also received praise on Twitter from many NASCAR stars, and celebrated the win Monday night in Charlotte with good friends Kyle Larson and Kasey Kahne, who both have sprint car backgrounds.When I grew up I played sports and I wrestled in middle school, and all my friends and classmates kind of outgrew me, he said Tuesday. I was limited to the things I could do and I became a big race fan. Well, I didnt even think I could race until I did it for the first time. Its just so cool to have the feeling that people really believe in you and would like to see you achieve. Then let alone winning the Chili Bowl ... I think a lot of people believe in me. Im glad that people can really see who I am and they dont judge me for what I look like or why Im doing it.The timing of his announcement to drive stock cars just happens to coincide with his Chili Bowl victory, and Abreu hopes this shot will help him gain recognition outside the dirt track world.There are so many more NASCAR fans that dont follow dirt racing and dont know what I do, so Im really looking forward to it, he said. I think the fans will react a lot differently than the average driver — average-looking driver — coming to NASCAR.Abreu is following a similar path to the one close friend Larson took to climb from sprint cars to NASCARs reigning Sprint Cup rookie of the year. Larson won the K&N East title in 2012 and was full-time in NASCAR the next year.Larson occasionally drives in NASCARs second-tier Xfinity Series for Harry Scott Jr., who has a partnership with Chip Ganassi Racing, his Cup team. Abreu could soon find himself with opportunities at NASCARs national level.Abreu had Tuesday earmarked for his first stock car and pavement test, at Motor Mile in Virginia, before competing in his first stock car and pavement race on Saturday at New Smyrna in Florida. Abreus first K&N event will be Feb. 15 at New Smyrna Speedway.He said NASCAR has signed off on the modifications needed in a stock car to accommodate his small frame.NASCAR came and saw all the improvements and theyre fine with it all, he said. They said everything is safe and looks safe, and I feel safe in the race car so I think that is the big first step.Abreus No. 98 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East entry will be led by veteran K&N crew chief Mardy Lindley. He has five career victories in three seasons, along with the 2013 K&N title with driver Dylan Kwasniewski.Abreu, an open wheel standout, will continue to race open wheel events and figures he will do 120 this year. He said he noticed on conflict with his K&N schedule and sprint schedule, but three-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart said he would make sure Abreu made it to all the events.He said, Dont worry about that, Ill get you there, Abreu said. Chris Doleman Jersey . This is Lowry’s third time winning the award in his career. He won the award last season and as a member of the Houston Rockets in 2011. R. C. Owens Jersey ." The tournament was set to be held Sept. 15-21 and would have been the first ATP tournament held in Israel since 1996. But amid Israels military campaign against Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, ATP President Chris Kermode said "we do not feel we can proceed as planned given the situation in the region. https://www.49ersjerseysale.com/562l-deion-sanders-jersey-49ers.html. Among the teams moves was trading one of the teams two third round picks, no. 83 overall, to the Chicago Blackhawks for Brandon Bollig, a six-foot-two, 223-pound left-winger who had seven goals, seven assists, and 92 penalty minutes in 82 games last season. Sheldon Day Jersey . A police inspector told The Associated Press the crane operator is not yet suspected of any wrongdoing but is considered a key witness to the accident at the Arena Corinthians. Monty Stickles Jersey .com) - The Carolina Panthers won for the first time in seven games last week, were without Cam Newton due to a car accident this week, but somehow sit atop the much-maligned NFC South. MIAMI -- The Miami Marlins were heated after Thursday nights game when a call from Major League Baseballs new instant replay system and the rule preventing catchers from blocking the plate did not go their way. The Cincinnati Reds thought MLB got it just right. A long delay in the eighth inning resulted in what the Marlins thought was the third out turning into the tying run. Zack Cozart was initially ruled out by home plate umpire Mike Winters on the play at the plate. The review extended the inning and Ryan Ludwick delivered a two-run single to help give the Reds a 3-1 victory. "The fact of that matter is that everyone around baseball should be embarrassed by a call like that," Marlins president David Samson said during an expletive-laced postgame tirade. With the Marlins leading 1-0 in the top of the eighth, the Reds loaded the bases with one out. Bryan Morris got Todd Frazier to fly out to right fielder Giancarlo Stanton whose throw to the plate easily beat Cozart for what appeared to be the final out of the inning when catcher Jeff Mathis tagged out Cozart, who trotted in without a slide. However, after a 6-minute, 10-second instant replay review, the call was overturned because Mathis was ruled to be blocking the plate and Cozart was called safe, tying the game 1-1. Marlins manager Mike Redmond was immediately ejected after throwing his hat to the ground and arguing with the umpires. Redmond kicked his hat on his way back to the dugout for good measure. "As a former catcher in this league for 13 seasons, as a grinder, as a guy who loves this game and respects this game so much, this game has been a part of my life forever, but to lose a ballgame tonight on that play is a joke, its an absolute joke," Redmond said. "I dont think anybody who plays this game should feel good about winning that game and I would say that if it had been reversed. That guy was out by 15 feet." Cozart saw it differently. "I thought it was pretty obvious from the replay that they made the right call," he said. Reds manager Bryan Price agreed. "Cozart was out by a fairly reasonable margin, but the catcher, from the inception of that ball going off the bat, had taken away the entire plate with his feet," Price said. "His body was in the middle of the plate." During the delay, Mathis, a 10-year veteran, was confident that he did everything right in acccordance of the rules.dddddddddddd "Im just disgusted," Mathis said. "Thats a tough way to lose a game. ... For it to be decided like that, its just disgusting." MLB issued a statement about the play after the game: "We have begun to examine the Crew Chief Review in tonights Reds-Marlins game, which resulted in a violation of Rule 7.13, the call being overturned and a run scoring on the play," the statement said. "We plan to discuss this situation further with the appropriate parties tomorrow, and we will communicate with the clubs after our discussion about this play." Reds starter Johnny Cueto (12-6) struck out nine and allowed one run in seven innings and Aroldis Chapman pitched the ninth for his 24th save. Stanton hit his 25th home run and Tom Koehler (7-Cool took the loss allowing two unearned runs in seven innings. TRAINERS ROOM Chapman had to be tended to by trainers with two outs in the ninth when he had some discomfort in his right leg. He remained in the game and threw a 101 mph pitch to strike out Marcell Ozuna to end the game. "I had a little discomfort in the leg," Chapman said. "It was an awkward step I took when I made the pitch." Reds reliever Manny Parra (stiff back) has not pitched since July 20. "He is improving," Price said. "He played catch today. Its as day-to-day as it comes. It always seems like its a day away from him actually being a piece of what were doing." ON DECK The Reds Mat Latos (2-3, 3.31) will start Fridays game against the Marlins Jacob Turner (4-6, 5.69). Latos is 0-3 with a 5.26 ERA in seven starts against the Marlins. Turner will be making his first start at Marlins Park since May 31 against Atlanta. TO TRADE OR NOT TO TRADE The Marlins completed a six-player trade with the Houston Astros to acquire 24-year-old right-handed starter Jarred Cosart, who will be in Miami on Friday. There has not been a decision when Cosart will join the rotation. The Reds did not make any deals at the non-waiver deadline. "We were involved in a lot of different negotiations, but in the end we were looking mainly for offence and there really wasnt the offensive pieces out there," Reds general manager Walt Jocketty said. "In fact, none of the guys that we had talked about were moved. I think the asking prices were beyond what we felt comfortable with." ' ' '
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé