Le Saint Bernard ^_^
ConnexionConnexion
Se connecter pour lire ses MPSe connecter pour lire ses MP

Thread 
Message Cl11234566 le Sam Jan 04, 2020 7:50   Remonter
Répondre en citant  

Its been a long wait for Mackenzie Hughes but in just a couple of weeks, hell finally kick off his 2014 season on the Web.Com Tour. The former Canadian Amateur champion, who made his rookie year as a professional a memorable one, has had a long wait to get back on the course and after last season, hes anxious to play. "Its funny that my season really ended in September," he said, noting the end of the PGA Tour Canada schedule. "That was so long ago and Ive had so much time to think about it." Whats probably crossed his mind from time to time has been his great campaign of 2013, where he went from having no status and minimal financial backing to winning the Order of Merit on PGA Tour Canada, which gave him an exemption onto the Web.Com Tour. It was certainly a whirlwind season but one the product of Dundas, Ont., never doubted he could make. After playing for Canada at the World Team Amateur Championship, Hughes turned pro, moved to Charlotte, N.C., and ventured out into the world of mini-tours. "I dont like mini-tours so much," he chuckled. "Youre not playing for a lot of money and its definitely not glamourous." However, thats about all Hughes had at that point. And he did learn a thing or two about life as a professional, which was a definite change from his amateur and college days. "You have to learn on your own pretty quickly," he said. "Youre really on your own." One thing that didnt change, however, was his talent. It didnt take him long to parlay a couple of PGA Tour Canada starts into a regular gig. And, in June, after going through the qualifying and winning a playoff, he made it into the U.S. Open. Although he didnt make the cut at Merion, it was an eye-opening experience. "It showed me that Im not that far off, that I can play at that level," he stated. "And it helped me when I got back to PGA Tour Canada." After missing the cut in his first three stops, Hughes rolled off four top-10 finishes in his next five events. That included a runner-up finish at the Wildfire Invitational and a victory at the Cape Breton Celtic Classic. His success on the course also helped him off it. When he first turned pro, Hughes attempted to find sponsors, even coming up with a plan to sell shares of himself. That didnt work out and in the early going, things were tight. This year, hes signed on with SportBox Entertainment Group, the new Canadian agency thats headed up by former IMGer Danny Fritz and includes as clients Mike Weir, Graham DeLaet and David Hearn. Hes found some stability with sponsorships from Ping and Freedom 55 Financial, but says hes a long way from being on easy street. "Its better for sure, but at the same time, Im going to spend a lot more money this year," Hughes pointed out. "Ill be paying for caddies, more travel, more of everything really. It adds up pretty quick. But if I play well, its not an issue." In addition to learning how to balance his chequebook, Hughes is learning the ropes of another new tour, this one a step up on the competitive scale. The long layoff has made it possible for him to glean lots of information about playing the Web.com Tour, but that has an upside and downside. "Ive talked to a million different people about it," Hughes said. "Ive maybe got too much advice. Im really just trying to figure out whats best for me." He has sought out help from those whove gone before him and hes hoping to play practice rounds with fellow Canadians Roger Sloan and Adam Hadwin to not only learn about courses, but also life on tour. He will also likely join up with another Canadian rookie, Albin Choi to share expenses and experiences. "Im more excited than nervous," Hughes admitted. "I want to test my game against the next level and see where I am." Hughes will get that opportunity when the Tour gets underway Feb. 13 in Bogota, Colombia. Lance Moore Jersey . With Washington teammate Nene drawing double-teams coming off his big game against the Lakers, Gortat scored 25 points on 11-of-12 shooting and grabbed eight rebounds to lead the Wizards to a 100-92 win in overtime over Milwaukee on Wednesday night. Sheldon Rankins Jersey .Y. -- The New York Islanders were seeking a positive finish to a frustrating season on home ice. http://www.customsaintsjersey.com/custom-latavius-murray-jersey-large-1892e.html. The 55th-ranked Istomin saved 11 of 14 break points to win in just over two hours, setting up a second round meeting with Australian Marinko Matosevic. It was the Uzbeks third win in three matches against fifth-seeded Kohlschreiber, the 2007 and 2012 tournament winner. Wes Chandler Jersey . It was my fifth straight year attending and, as always, there are many interesting matters discussed as it pertains to the use of statistics in sports. Thomas Morstead Jersey . -- Mixed martial arts fighter Cristiane Justino Santos has been suspended and fined for testing positive for steroids.FRISCO, Texas -- Jean-Baptiste Pierazzi broke a tie in the 45th minute and the San Jose Earthquakes beat FC Dallas 2-1 on Saturday night for their first road victory of the season. San Jose improved to 4-4-4, and Dallas dropped to 0-6-2 in its last eight and 5-7-3 overall. Dallas has failed to score multiple goals in a game during the eight-game winless streak. San Jose played with a man advantage after FC Dallas Adam Moffat received a red-card in the 37th minute. Its the sixth red card the FC Dallas player has received this year. Pierazzi scored on a right-footed volley from 25 yards away that landed just inside the near post and over the fingertips of goalkeeper Chris Seitz. The goal was Pierazzis first in MLS. "I had a lot of space in front of me, its a good score, its a great goal," Pierazzi said. &quuot;Its been a hard start for the season, its been difficult, new country, new football, good to score.ddddddddddddquot; Blas Perez opened the scoring for Dallas in the 16th minute, and Atiba Harris tied it in the 27th. Dallas had a chance to tie it less than a minute later after Fabian Castillo was awarded a penalty kick, but goalkeeper Jon Busch made a diving two-handed save to his right. Castillo was awarded the penalty after a foul by Jordan Stewart. Busch also made another two-handed save on Castillos shot in the 71st minute. Perez scored on a right-footed volley from the top of the penalty box. Castillo set up the score with a cross to Perez. Harris tied when he placed a shot into the centre of the net from 8 yards away. Steven Lenhart set up the goal with a cross from across the penalty box. ' ' '
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé