Le Saint Bernard ^_^
ConnexionConnexion
Se connecter pour lire ses MPSe connecter pour lire ses MP

Thread 
Message linchao le Mer Jan 22, 2020 7:57   Remonter
Répondre en citant  

SB Nation’s Bill Connelly broke down the biggest strengths for each of the 12 NFL playoff teams. Included in his statistical observations is that the Colts have excelled in two important areas of a football game. They are one of the best teams in the league in starting field position Peyton Manning Jersey , on offense and defense. They are also one of the best teams in the league at finishing drives. From Connelly’s story:I will point out, and I am sure Troy Russell can do a much better job, that the rushing efficiency observation doesn’t jive with our research. Troy uses Rush Success Rate (RSR) and Weighted Rush Success Rate (wRSR) to help analyze rushing efficiency for all NFL teams. His numbers placed the Colts rushing offense at 9th in the NFL in RSR and 10th in wRSR. Using Troy’s passing analysis, the Colts running and passing games are equally efficient and both in the top 10 in the league.Still, Connelly makes an excellent observation about the Colts performance on special teams and the impact it has had on the outcome of games. I would be interested to see how field position impacts offensive efficiency. Without the data, I remember quite vividly the impact field position had on the Colts 2008 wild card playoff game in San Diego. It felt like Chargers punter Mike Scifres single-handily determined the outcome. Let’s compare starting positions, shall we?Indianapolis had offensive drives that started on their 10 Darius Leonard Jersey , 3, 7, 8, and 1 yard lines. San Diego had drives that started on their 29, 44, 29 and on the Colts 44, 45 Malik Hooker Jersey White , and 38. The average starting position for Indianapolis was their own 15 yard line. The average starting position for the Chargers was their own 35 yard line. Three of San Diego’s scoring drives started on the Colts 44, Colts 45 and Colts 38 yard line.There is certainly no doubt that some teams can overcome a poorer starting field position. A great special teams unit with a horrid defense won’t win many games. A great special teams unit with one of the best run defenses in the league and a pass defense that limits big plays just might.When you add that the team also happens to be extremely efficient at sustaining and finishing drives, you begin to understand why the Colts are considered one of the more dangerous teams to enter the playoffs. This group is young and hasn’t been consistent — the Jacksonville debacle wasn’t long ago — but there are plenty of reasons to believe Indianapolis is fully capable of competing, even against the best teams in the league. Adam Vinatieri has missed the past six training camp practices and two preseason games with a knee injury. He expects to return Thursday.“You’ll see me kick tomorrow,” Vinatieri said, via Andrew Walker of the team website. “We’re good.”Undrafted rookie Cole Hedlund has handled the Colts’ kicking duties the past two weeks. He made four of his five field goal attempts in two preseason games.Hedlund isn’t likely to make Indianapolis’ roster, but he could get a shot with another team if the North Texas product can put a solid preseason together.“He’s doing a nice job Womens Peyton Manning Jersey ,” Vinatieri said. “He’s really put in a lot of good work and a lot of time, and he’s really honing his craft. I can see just even through the offseason to now. He’s really, really matured as far as [being] just really consistent. Looks really good. He’s doing a nice job.”Vinatieri, 46, is entering his 24th NFL season, his 13th with the Colts.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé