Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier The first few waves of 2019 NFL free agency have come and gone
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Mar Juin 04, 2019 8:35
Message Auteur Message
zhangzk
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  The first few waves of 2019 NFL free agency have come and gone Répondre en citant

The Jacksonville Jaguars added Nick Foles and brought back right guard A.J...."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Jaguars Free Agency 2016Jaguars Film RoomNFL DraftJaguars Injury NewsLatest NewsWhat are the Jaguars remaining needs?New Keelan Cole Jerseys 2019 ,23commentsEDTShareTweetShareShareWhat are the Jaguars remaining needs?Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY SportsThe first few waves of 2019 NFL free agency have come and gone with almost all of the marquee signings off the board. The Jacksonville Jaguars added Nick Foles and brought back right guard A.J. Cann, but there are still some needs the team is going to have to fill with some stop-gap free agents and draft picks.Tight endCurrently, the most glaring hole on the Jaguars roster is at the tight end position. The team currently has just Ben Koyack and Pharoah McKever under contract. The Jaguars didn’t appear to be active on the tight end market in free agency, though I did hear they had interest in Cincinnati Bengals tight end C.J. Uzomah prior to him re-signing with Cincy. I think this points to the team targeting at least one tight end early in the draft, many think as high as seventh overall with T.J. Hockenson, and it would make total sense.Offensive lineI presume the starter at right tackle is going to be 2018 fourth-round pick Will Richardson or a 2019 draft pick at this point. I always figured the Jaguars would get a veteran for one of their two open spots in the line and use a rookie for the other and with bringing back Cann, right tackle is that open spot. That’s not the only issue on the offensive line the team needs to address, though. A lot of the Jaguars depth, who plays a ton of snaps in 2018, are unrestricted free agents. Currently the team no longer has Ereck Flowers, Josh Wells, Tyler Shatley, Chris Reed Black Marcell Dareus Jerseys , Patrick Omameh, Corey Robinson and Josh Walker. I believe all but Robinson saw significant playing time last season and make up a large chunk of the Jaguars depth at the position group. You can’t fill that all in with draft picks and undrafted players, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a handful of them back at the right price.Running backI thought the team would be in play for someone like Mark Ingram or Adrian Peterson if the price was right, and after seeing the deal Tevin Coleman got they probably should have been in on that, but they chose to pass. Currently the team only has Leonard Fournette, Thomas Rawls, David Williams and Demetri Flowers on the roster. I’d expect at least three more backs added prior to training camp, likely at least one being a 2019 NFL Draft pick. The team made a huge mistake going into the 2018 season with only three backs on the active roster and I can’t imagine they’ll do that again.Edge rusherWhile the Jacksonville Jaguars defensive line overall is deep and talented, they’re a little thin at the edge rusher position. Yannick Ngakoue is really the only true weakside end they have on the roster so I’d expect with the depth in the 2019 NFL Draft class that gets addressed at some point, potentially as high as seventh overall. I don’t think there will be a veteran addition at that position, as those guys usually aren’t cheap one-year deal type players. The Jacksonville Jaguars are preparing to play without running back Leonard Fournette again, maybe even for a longer stretch than before.Fournette re-injured his right hamstring in a 31-12 victory against the New York Jets on Sunday, and coach Doug Marrone has no timetable for his return.Marrone said tests show the injury is no worse than it was before returning. Considering Fournette missed two and a half games after initially tweaking it and came back too soon Marcell Dareus Jerseys 2019 , it makes sense that the Jaguars (3-1) would be even more cautious this time around."It's the same thing," Marrone said Monday. "There's a thing that's just pulling at it. It's legit. There is something there, and we've just got to do everything we can to get that out. That whatever thing is that feels like it catches. That's all I know. I don't know all the doctor talk about it. I'm just trying to give you the layman's talk. It's just, 'Hey, I just got this little thing. It feels like it catches. It doesn't enable me to open up.'"Jacksonville plays at Kansas City on Sunday and almost certainly will be without Fournette.The Jags should be getting used to it by now. The second-year pro has missed five of 20 regular-season games and left his only two starts this season because of hamstring tightness.He ran nine times for 41 yards in the season opener in the first half, and carried 11 times for 30 yards against the Jets in the first half.Marrone declined to speculate on how long Fournette would be sidelined."I really don't know. Believe me, if I knew exactly what the deal was and I could tell you, three, six, 10, IR, whatever, I would Black D.J. Hayden Jerseys ," Marrone said. "I just don't know. Those injuries are tough, you know. ... I thought he was looking good. I really did and then, you guys are out there, so I mean you guys see him working. But it's different when you're playing a game. The game's different."Even though Jacksonville is 4-1 without Fournette in the starting lineup, no one questions how important he is to the team. The run-first, old-school Jaguars built their entire scheme — offensive identity, really — around Fournette and his skillset."You put your whole offense around, you build it around a running, physical, downhill type of mentality," safety Tashaun Gipson said. "So when you lose that guy, who's one of the best at his position, it's tough. It's definitely tough."T.J. Yeldon is expected to continue getting the bulk of the work during Fournette's absence D.J. Hayden Jerseys 2019 , with Corey Grant serving as a change-of-pace option.Yeldon has 205 yards and a touchdown on 49 carries this season. He also has 14 receptions for 125 yards and two scores."I've got faith in anybody they put back there because we know they're going to run hard," reserve center/guard Tyler Shatley said. "You just hate to see somebody with so much talent not be able to showcase it. I know (Fournette)'s worked hard and has rehabbed hard in trying to get better. Injuries are part of the game, but you just hate to see somebody have to work through that and not be able to perform how they want to."Quarterback Blake Bortles might be the biggest beneficiary, forced to carry more of the offensive load. Bortles threw for a career-high 388 yards and two touchdowns against the Jets, giving him two games with at least 375 yards passing in the last three weeks."Blake has a way of showing up when he needs to show up," Gipson said. "If you take away the (Tennessee) Titans game, when I don't think anyone played their best game, the offense just finds a way. And they've been doing it since the end of last season. They're taking opportunities of what the defenses will give them. That's paying big dividends for us. The best defense is the defense that's sitting on the sidelines. We did a lot of that in the first half Sunday."I'm not too worried about the offense."

zhangzk n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier The first few waves of 2019 NFL free agency have come and gone