Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier Middle linebacker Derrick Johnson isn't as troubled
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Mar Juin 04, 2019 10:02
Message Auteur Message
zhangzk
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  Middle linebacker Derrick Johnson isn't as troubled Répondre en citant

Oakland Raiders' lack of a pass rush.The way Johnson sees it White Sam Acho Jerseys , there are other ways for the defense to impact games.Yet with only two sacks in two games, Johnson also realizes something has to change."It's a lot of ways to contribute to being a really good defense besides getting sacks," Johnson said Thursday. "Don't get me wrong, sacks help big time but red zone defense is a big part of being a really good defense. Turnovers for sure. It's still early."Oakland's pass rush, or lack thereof, has been heavily scrutinized since the team traded 2016 defensive player of the year Khalil Mack to the Chicago Bears a week before the season opener.Mack has had a sack and a forced fumble in each of his first two games while helping the Bears to an NFL-leading 10 sacks. Mack also scored a touchdown in his Chicago debut against Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers.Conversely, the Raiders pass rush has been sparse at best. Defensive end Bruce Irvin got to Rams quarterback Jared Goff for a coverage sack in Week 1 while rookie defensive lineman Maurice Hurst dropped Case Keenum in Week 2.Like Johnson, Oakland defensive coordinator Paul Guenther believes there are other ways for the Raiders to be effective. During Guenther's stint as Cincinnati's defensive coordinator, the Bengals had more than 33 sacks only twice in four seasons but finished in the top 20 overall three times."Obviously you'd like to have sacks but if you really look at it Sam Acho Jerseys 2019 , when you look at the statistics year in and year out, the teams that are up there in sacks aren't necessarily playoff teams. A lot of times they're not," Guenther said. "You'd always like to get a number of sacks. It kind of feeds off each other and the kind of personnel you have. That's not the most important thing but obviously you want to get after the opposing quarterback."Oakland has forced only one turnover in two games. The Raiders are also 26th in defensive third-down efficiency, allowing opponents to convert 12 of 27 opportunites.Johnson said there is a sense of urgency in Oakland's locker room, although the 35-year-old sounds more concerned with the Raiders' inability to stop the Broncos on their game-winning drive in the final seconds last week than he is about the pass rush."Really the last two games the first half was pretty good team effort but we have to finish the close ones, win the close ones," Johnson said. "As a defense we have to be hoping for that situation, saying, 'Hey White Sherrick McManis Jerseys , if we stop them it's over.' It's not the whole defense. It's a play here, a play there. Not being tight enough here or communication. Just a little something on each play of that last drive hurt us."With nine new starters and a 10th 鈥?Irvin 鈥?playing a different position than he did a year ago, the argument could be made the Raiders are still going through growing pains.Johnson isn't buying it."That's too easy of an excuse," Johnson said. "We've been together for a little bit. We know the plays. We just have to execute better. Our defensive coordinator knows we can do that. We need to help him out by making some plays. We have to make plays."__The Bears most disappointing player of the first four games Yesterday, I looked at the most surprising Bears player through four games.It’s been fun to look back through a quarter of the season and have a winning team to pour over. The downside is that there weren’t so many players that jumped out to me as surprising because so many were hyped up throughout the offseason, and then lived up to it when the games counted.On the flip side though, it’s difficult to pick a disappointing player because there hasn’t been much to be disappointed about. Any time I get to write about a winning team, it’s a good thing, but that means that I have to dig a little deeper and likely pick a disappointing player that could cause some protest.But Sherrick McManis Jerseys 2019 , maybe spurring a conversation is a good thing. My initial thought for disappointing player was Eric Kush. He’s struggled at times and been called for a couple of penalties. However, there wasn’t much to be expected from him to begin with. He’s been a bit of a journeyman/back up most of his career, and so it made sense that he would eventually give his position up to rookie James Daniels. This week may be that week, because he has already been rotated in for Kush in the last couple of games before the bye.However, my pick is Jordan Howard. Granted, I understand that a lot of his struggles likely stem from game plans and from defenses keying in on the Bears run game in favor of making Mitch Trubisky beat them (which nearly worked for the first three weeks).Howard has near-identical carries as he did through four games last year (63 in 2017, 64 this year) but in 2017 he already had four touchdowns, 252 yards and a 4.0 YPC average. This season he’s at 203 yards, one touchdown and 3.2 YPC. According to Football Outsiders his DYAR (value overall) and his DVOA (Value Per Play) are way down from last season. His success rate of 55 percent White Kyle Fuller Jerseys , mixed with his DVOA (-15.7 percent), suggests he is getting yards he needs but nothing more, per FO’s own metrics (click the link above for more).Before you say that Howard is simply facing eight man boxes a lot, note that Next Gen Stats says that he is facing that just 17.19 percent of time, whereas Saquon Barkley is facing eight man fronts 22.54 percent of the time and Ezekiel Elliott 25.81 percent of the time.I do think that he will get going again but so far this season, I am disappointed. Who do you think has been the most disappointing?

zhangzk n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier Middle linebacker Derrick Johnson isn't as troubled