Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier The Pittsburgh Steelers let another one slip away.
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Lun Juin 17, 2019 9:42
Message Auteur Message
zhangzk
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  The Pittsburgh Steelers let another one slip away. Répondre en citant

For the second straight week Michael Badgley Jerseys Stitched , the Steelers held a second-half lead and lost. This time, Pittsburgh blew its biggest lead ever at home, as Michael Badgley kicked a 29-yard field goal on the final play, lifting the Los Angeles Chargers to a 33-30 victory over the Steelers on Sunday night."It's not how you start, it's how you finish, and they finished the game," Steelers defensive tackle Cameron Heyward said.The Steelers (7-4-1) were on a six-game winning streak before losing last week at Denver and again on Sunday. It's their first two-game losing streak of the season.The Steelers, who held a 23-7 lead to start the second half, blew a 16-point lead at home for the first time in franchise history. The Steelers were previously 174-0-1 all-time when ahead by 16 points at home. It was the first time the Steelers blew a 16-point lead overall since Nov. 8, 1981, against Seattle."The game was 23-7 and as a defense, we can't surrender points," Heyward said. "We just gotta play better. I don't care who it is Youth Thomas Davis Jerseys , it's unacceptable."Ben Roethlisberger threw for 281 yards and two scores for the Steelers, who are clinging to the AFC North lead over surging Baltimore. Antonio Brown caught 10 passes for a season-high 154 yards and a touchdown. James Conner added 60 yards rushing and two touchdowns before leaving in the fourth quarter with a lower leg contusion."It's a bad loss," Roethlisberger said. "You just can't play bad football against a good football team."Things looked good in the first half when Pittsburgh scored on four of six possessions. Conner scored on a pair of 1-yard runs, giving the Steelers an early 13-0 lead following a missed extra point. The Steelers, who won four of the previous five meetings against Los Angeles, continued to surge, and pushed the lead to 16-6.Pittsburgh, which came into the game 18-3 in December since 2013 - the best mark in the NFL over that span - seemed poised for another masterful December performance with an end-of-half score, nearly driving the length of the field in just 1:18. Roethlisberger capped the six-play, 91-yard series by threading a 28-yard touchdown pass between three defenders to Brown for the score.But, Philip Rivers and Los Angeles recovered in the second half.Rivers completed 26 of 36 passes for 299 yards and two touchdowns. Keenan Allen caught 14 passes for 148 yards and a score, while Justin Jackson ran for 63 yards and a touchdown in place of injured starter Melvin Gordon. Pittsburgh limited Los Angeles to just two yards rushing in the first half, tying the third-fewest allowed by the Steelers since Heinz Field opened in 2001."We just didn't tackle better in the second half Thomas Davis Jerseys Stitched ," Heyward said. "We didn't stop the run as much. We have to be better as a defense."Los Angeles opened the second half with 23 unanswered points, turning a 23-7 halftime deficit into a 30-23 lead.Allen caught a 10-yard touchdown pass from Rivers late in the third quarter on a play in which Pittsburgh defensive backs Sean Davis and Joe Haden collided going for the ball, which popped up in the air and landed squarely in Allen's hands.Desmond King added a 73-yard punt return, and Allen pulled in the 2-point conversion to tie the game at 23. Jackson's 18-yard burst up the middle gave the Chargers a 30-23 lead.Rookie Jaylen Samuels replaced Conner and caught a 10-yard touchdown pass for Pittsburgh with 4:10 to play to tie the game at 30. That left Rivers ample time to one-up Roethlisberger, a fellow member of the vaunted 2004 draft class that includes New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning.Rivers calmly led the Chargers 64 yards in 11 plays, including a 12-yard pass to Allen on third-and-4 at the Pittsburgh 34 that pushed Los Angeles close enough to bring on Badgley for the win.Badgley initially missed a 39-yard kick, but Pittsburgh was called for offsides."It looked like all of us jumped off at the same time," Haden said. "Sometimes when you get a good jump, it looks like you jumped offsides. I would have to look at it again, but I didn't feel like we were offsides."Badgley's ensuing 34-yard attempt was blocked, but the Steelers were flagged again for jumping across the line of scrimmage before the snap. Badgley drilled his third attempt at the game-winner, as the Chargers completed the biggest opposing comeback in Heinz Field history with just their fourth win in Pittsburgh in 19 tries."You can't say anything about our offense, our offense put up 30 points Youth Tyrod Taylor Jerseys ," Heyward said. "We didn't get the job done as a defense." There were so few competitions for starting roles when the Seattle Seahawks arrived for training camp that the daily assessment of where things stood with the kicker and punter became a major topic.The competition ended as expected with veteran Sebastian Janikowski appearing to be a lock as Seattle's kicker beating out Jason Myers and rookie Michael Dickson as the punter with Jon Ryan's tenure coming to an end.So much for any drama. And for Ryan it meant the end for the longest-tenured Seahawks player."First, let me say this: Jon Ryan has been a great Seahawk," Carroll said. "We loved the time we spent together. He's been here since the beginning, and I know everybody would understand that it's a very difficult decision when you have to make one like this after all this time together. He was doing great."Michael was just kicking out of this world and was doing the things that we had hoped he could do. ... It was the right time to help Jon get moving too. So he's been a great player, been a great competitor, been a great team guy, community guy. We love him."Dickson was expected to land the punter job from the moment he was selected in the fifth round by Seattle. The Seahawks didn't invest a draft pick like that without wanting Dickson to win the job. Ryan was kept around in case Dickson struggled or there was an injury, but Seattle was able to save money by letting go of the veteran and going with the rookie from Texas."There's just a lot of things we're excited about with him and we're excited to get it going," Carroll said. "It's good for him to feel the confidence in the program and that we're behind him."Dickson has been impressive in the first two preseason games, averaging 51.7 yards per kick, with better hang time and directional control than what Ryan showed. Still, while Dickson was excited to win the job, finding out he had arrived with some bittersweet feelings about Ryan's departure."It was something that I was battling for every day Tyrod Taylor Jerseys Stitched , and I wanted to win the spot more than anything," Dickson said. "But it was surprisingly more bittersweet than anything, just because Jon was such a great mentor to me when he was here. He was probably one of the funniest people I've ever met. So, yeah, it was a little bittersweet. But I'm super excited."Carroll said the decision to release Ryan with two weeks remaining in training camp was also to give him plenty of time to find a new opportunity. It didn't take long. Ryan signed a one-year deal with the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday.Janikowski said he's fully recovered from the back injury that caused him to miss the entire 2017 season. It's the first time in his career Janikowski has kicked anywhere but Oakland, where he played for 17 seasons and made more than 80 percent of his field goal attempts. He said there was some conversation with the Chargers, but he decided Seattle was the better opportunity."It's a good change," Janikowski said. "It's like a start over again, but I feel great."Making the decision about the punter and kicker at this point also allows Seattle two weeks of having the duo work together in the kicking game. As simple as holding sounds, Dickson has limited experience in the job, only starting to do it his final year at Texas. After holding for Myers in the first preseason game, Dickson held for Janikowski last weekend against the Chargers."It's all about timing," Janikowski said. "I mean Rayshawn Jenkins Jerseys Stitched , (Tyler Ott) is a great snapper, (Dickson's a good) holder, it's all about timing you just have to figure it out with time. And I think we got it down."NOTES: Seattle practiced indoors on Tuesday because of the unhealthy air quality in the Seattle area because of smoke from wildfires. ... Carroll said WR Doug Baldwin remains on track to be ready for Week 1 at Denver. Baldwin has missed most of training camp with a knee injury, but has resumed running. "He's really excited about coming back, he's running. He'll want to play next week, we'll just get him back out here (at practice) and we'll make that determination next week. But he's going to be there for the opener," Carroll said. ... RB Rashaad Penny was also doing running on the side on Tuesday after having surgery on a broken finger suffered last week in practice. Penny is also expected to be ready for Week 1.

zhangzk n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier The Pittsburgh Steelers let another one slip away.