Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier We’ve shifted the focus of our offseason Chicago Bears
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Jeu Aoû 15, 2019 9:42
Message Auteur Message
zhangzk
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  We’ve shifted the focus of our offseason Chicago Bears Répondre en citant

NFL Draft for these last two questions."Being who you thought we were since 2005!Log In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsBearsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Latest NewsThe Bears DenNotesXs and OsSuperfansBreaking News:The Bears' 2019 Draft class is complete!脳From The Desk Of...Roster AnalysisChicago Bears Draft 2019Who is the one prospect you don’t want the Bears to draft?New Womens James Daniels Jersey ,74commentsWe’ve shifted the focus of our offseason Chicago Bears’ roundtable topics to the NFL Draft for these last two questions.CDTShareTweetShareShareWho is the one prospect you don’t want the Bears to draft?Cary Edmondson-USA TODAY SportsYesterday we asked you guys to give us the one player you are really hoping the Chicago Bears find a way to select in the 2019 NFL Draft. But today we’re going the other direction win our offseason topic. Who is the one prospect you want the Bears to stay away from in the draft?This could be a workout warrior whose tape doesn’t match the hype, a guy with questionable medical history, or maybe a guy that had some run-ins with the authorities. Or it could just be a personal preference. I’ll go first today since I don’t have a specific player in mind, but rather a position, and that’s to stay away from drafting a kicker. I just don’t like spending a pick on a position that you are more likely to find “your guy” on the street. Look around the league. How many kickers are thriving with the same team that drafted them?I’m not saying you should never draft a kicker, I’m just saying the Bears have just as good of odds adding an undrafted free agent to compete with the guys currently on the roster. But with that being said, I’m not going to gripe if they use their last pick on a kicker just to ensure they get the guy they want. Now let’s check in on what a few of our guys had to say...Josh Sunderbruch - It’s easy to say one of the guys who has character concerns, but I’ll go with a mock draft I saw last week that made my head hurt--a trade up into the 2nd round to take Mississippi wide receiver A.J. Brown. Not only is trading up one of the last things the Bears need to do right now, trading up to take a wide receiver after repairing the position in 2018 seems like a really bad roster management.Jacob Infante - A small part of me dies whenever I see the Bears picking an offensive tackle in the third round of any mock draft. The duo of Charles Leno Jr. and Bobby Massie is a reliable and, for their talent level, cheap offensive tackle tandem and does not need replacing this year. I would especially dislike it if the Bears were to draft Washington offensive tackle Kaleb McGary. He tested through the roof at the Combine and has great size, but make no mistake about it: the dude is stiff. His hips are far from fluid and he struggles with moving laterally on tape. He also struggles with hand placement and getting inside leverage on his defenders, and his pad level needs some work. Some team will overdraft him because he’s long and can run fast, but I’d prefer that team to not be the Bears.Erik Christopher Duerrwaechter - Honestly Tarik Cohen Jersey , I don’t want to see the Bears drafting any kickers or punters. Period. It’s not to say there’s no talent available; Cole Tracy; John Barron II; and Matt Gay are all rock solid players. I’m just not a fan of drafting kickers. Robert Zeglinski - At the moment, the Bears are objectively fine at tight end. The duo of Trey Burton and Adam Shaheen doesn’t profile as one of the league’s best, but they’re solid enough. I could see why folks would want the Bears to draft another tight end with their limited picks at the end of the month to change that reality. I’d prefer they didn’t. I’ve seen any number of mock drafts with tight end prospects pushed to the Bears in the third and fourth round. I think taking another tight end so soon admits defeat on the prospect of Shaheen’s career and to a lesser extent, an ill-advised investment in Burton. There’s no reason the Bears should be trying to cut any losses at tight end so soon. Shaheen is no “Baby Gronk” and we can put any notion to the contrary to rest. But he has had a career ravaged by injuries to this point and possesses enough talent to carve out a fruitful place with the Bears if he settles in. One more year of effort on his part should be enough. He deserves another chance. Meanwhile Burton, as a versatile tight end that can catch 50-plus passes and play all over the field, is exactly what the Bears need from a player like him. He’s meeting expectations. Focus on cornerback, running back, and some front line depth on both sides of the ball if you’re Ryan Pace. Don’t punt on your tight ends — with limited draft resources as it is — when you don’t yet have to.EJ Snyder - Any choice of an offensive lineman early would confuse me. The Bears O-line is as set as it has been in years and only an exceptional slide by a highly-regarded prospect could make that move make any sense. On the other side of the ball, Jachai Polite may well be available after submarining his draft stock over the last month... but I’m not really sure he fits with the highly successful “we” culture that Nagy has built in the locker room. Polite’s skills on the field are absolutely top-notch, but everything else screams stay away. Now it’s your turn. Who do you hope the Bears stay away from in the draft? BOURBONNAIS, Ill. (AP)When linebacker Danny Trevathan returned to practice Monday after recovering from a pulled hamstring, it left the Chicago Bears missing only one inside linebacker – first-round draft pick Roquan Smith.When Smith will join the team is hard to say.After the New York Jets reached a contract agreement Monday with quarterback Sam Darnold, Smith became the lone unsigned pick from the 2018 draft class.”We will continue to keep trying to do our best to make this thing happen,” Bears coach Matt Nagy said after Saturday’s practice. ”At the same time http://www.thebearslockerroom.com/authentic-jim-mcmahon-jersey , what we need to do is we need to focus on who’s here right now, right? That’s the realism of it all.”Cash is not the problem – at least in terms of how much Smith is to be paid. That amount is slotted for the eighth pick of the draft.The stumbling block is whether the Bears should be allowed to take back guaranteed bonus money in the future from Smith if he is ever suspended for disciplinary reasons, including a violation of the league’s new rule preventing players from leading with their helmets.”Well, for both sides, it’s more of a language deal, a language-type deal,” Nagy said.Asked specifically if the issue is the helmet rule, Nagy said: ”That’s part of the issue with it. As far as the details, I’m not going to get into all that right now. That wouldn’t be fair to either party, but there’s some of that to it.”The new rule stipulates a player will be penalized for lowering his head to initiate and make contact with his helmet. The player will be ejected and could be subject to suspension if he is determined to have lowered his helmet to ”establish a linear body posture.”The Bears had a somewhat similar situation last year with Trevathan when he was suspended for an illegal hit on Packers wide receiver Davante Adams.In that instance, Chicago management never sought to reclaim any bonus money given to Trevathan.”They were on my side about the hit against Green Bay,” Trevathan said.As a result, Trevathan remained optimistic his new teammate will soon be in camp.”So I’m sure they’ll work it out,” Trevathan said. ”It’s just details within a contract. We want him here.”Trevathan said he has been in contact with Smith during the holdout.”I’ve been talking to him Womens Walter Payton Jersey , just making sure as a person he was all right, he’s not fading away from the game that he loves,” Trevathan said. ”I just make sure that he’s all right. I’ve been through some stuff.”I’m pretty sure he wants to take care of himself and he wants to get back in. I’m sure he’s missing just as much as we are.”Smith was fully involved in off-season work with the Bears, so Trevathan doubts his teammate will have any trouble catching up after the holdout ends.Chicago has an extra preseason game this season, so Smith’s holdout has come at a time when the Bears normally wouldn’t have been in training camp. They open preseason Thursday night in Canton, Ohio, against the Baltimore Ravens in the Hall of Fame Game.The Bears have traditionally been among the first teams to get all their draft picks signed. In one 10-year stretch, they were the first team to sign all their picks nine times.They haven’t had a holdout of note since Cedric Benson missed 36 days in 2005.Nick Kwiatkoski and John Timu have taken most of the snaps at inside linebacker during training camp with the first team. Trevathan is practicing on a limited basis until he’s 100 percent healthy.Kwiatkoski has earned Nagy’s respect in scrimmages. A third-year player, Kwiatkoski had been a reserve but played extensively each of his first two years because of injuries and suspensions to Trevathan and former Bear Jerrell Freeman.”I love his mentality,” Nagy said of Kwiatkoski. ”He didn’t blink when we drafted Roquan. He stepped right on in there and put the horse blinders on and went after it.”—

zhangzk n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier We’ve shifted the focus of our offseason Chicago Bears