Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Le menu et la météo du jour The only general manager the CFL club has had since it
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Mar Aoû 20, 2019 8:19
Message Auteur Message
Dogcat250
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  The only general manager the CFL club has had since it Répondre en citant

MONTREAL -- Speculation on Jim Popps future with the Montreal Alouettes has been put to rest, at least for now. The only general manager the CFL club has had since it returned to Montreal after a 10-year hiatus in 1996 signed a three-year contract extension on Thursday that runs through the 2017 season. There was concern that the 49-year-old, who was in the final year of his contract, was ready to move on. But the Elkin, N.C. native said: "I plan to be here and fulfil my contract." He did not say if his deal includes an out-clause if he is offered an NFL job. He drew interest ahead of last season from the Indianapolis Colts and rumours of a move south have arisen periodically throughout his tenure with the Alouettes. Its assumed Popp would jump at the chance, but he said hed be just as happy to stay in Montreal until he retires. "I cant foresee the future," said the married father of six children, all born in Montreal. "I have to work. "I dont know if Ill ever retire, with six kids. But I love the job, the city and the team, so if it happens that way, youll find a very happy person. I dont dwell on whether (an NFL job) will ever happen. I know Im very fortunate to have a job. Theres really only two pro football leagues and there are 41 jobs. I have one of those." Popp was GM of the defunct Baltimore Stallions for two years, winning a Grey Cup in 1995, before the team moved to Montreal. He is 233-129-1 as a CFL general manager, adding Cups with the Alouettes in 2002, 2009 and 2010. In Montreal, his teams have never missed the playoffs and never won fewer than eight games in a season. But it looked like his stay was coming to an end last winter when owner Robert Wetenhall did not let him keep the head coaching job, left him out of the decision to hire Tom Higgins as coach and did not immediately extend his contract as GM. Popp took over as head coach for the third time in his career when Dan Hawkins was fired only five games into the 2013 season. He is 14-18 in the regular season as a coach. If there was any bitterness about not being allowed to coach, Popp said he is over it. "I have no hard feelings about anything," said Popp, who is also vice-president and director of football operations. "Its business. Its (Wetenhalls) team. "He makes the decisions. It was a real roller-coaster in the off-season, especially for me personally with different things that went on, but I knew the entire time that I might not be the head coach. I also want to make it very clear that my relationship with Tom Higgins is very good." Team president Mark Weightman said Wetenhall did not attend the news conference because he was ill. Weightman hopes the move will end talk of a rift among management. "For us, there wasnt a lot of doubt that it would play out this way," he said. "I understand how perception wasnt always that clear, so to have this done early, if it silences the critics or closes the door on that conversation, great. "We can focus on the season and winning some games. Having Jim secured for many more years is a big part of ensuring the stability of our club." Popp said that talks on his contract extension lasted only a week. "There was never any doubt or worries from my end that those discussions would take place," he said. Yeezy Nederland . Its the second time this season that Milan has been sanctioned by the league judge, after fans also subjected Napoli supporters to discriminatory chants. The ban will come into effect for Milans next match, against Udinese on Oct. Yeezy 700 V2 Nederland .Airport spokeswoman Heather Lissner said that all departing flights were back on schedule. However, arriving flights were still trying to catch up.Super Bowl Sunday got off to an inconvenient start for hundreds of passengers trying to get to Phoenix for the game. http://www.yeezysnederland.com/yeezy-500-schoenen.html . "I wouldnt read anything into what happened Saturday at Torrey Pines," Woods said Tuesday after an 18-hole exhibition for past winners of the Dubai Desert Classic. Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Goedkoop . Blown save in the ninth inning? No problem. Yeezy Boost 350 Kopen . LOUIS -- The St.The Calgary Stampeders have named Bo Levi Mitchell as their starting quarterback to start the 2014 season. Stampeders head coach John Hufnagel made the announcement to the assembled media Monday at McMahon Stadium. Mitchell was battling for playing time with Drew Tate for the starters job. The Stampeders open their 2014 campaign Saturday at home against the Montreal Alouettes. The 24-year-old appeared in 11 games with the Stamps in 2013, splitting the duties under centre with Tate and Kevin Glenn.dddddddddddd With Glenn now a member of the B.C. Lions, it left the two to battle it out to become the first-choice quarterback. In 11 appearances with the Stamps in 2013, Mitchell completed 94 of 135 passes (69.6 per cent) for 10 touchdowns and three interceptions. Tate, 29, appeared in seven games with the Stamps in 2013 completing 59 of 87 passes (67.8 per cent) for five touchdowns and one interception. ' ' '

Dogcat250 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message Adresse AIM
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Le menu et la météo du jour The only general manager the CFL club has had since it