Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier This was the first of those.
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Sam Nov 02, 2019 10:12
Message Auteur Message
zhangzk
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  This was the first of those. Répondre en citant

This year L.C. Greenwood Jersey , sadly, there will be 36 weeks with no Pittsburgh Steelers game that matters. I can’t promise I’ll be sharing my thoughts all 36 weeks, but here they are for this week.My standard is my standard, and we didn’t measure up. I, like all of you, want a Super Bowl victory each and every year. In fact, I’m pretty sure that’s one of the key elements of heaven, the Steelers play every week, and win every week. But I try to be a smidge realistic, and so have this standard- a season in which we reach the playoffs is a success. If we don’t, it isn’t. We didn’t, and it wasn’t.Among the four major sports the NFL sits at #2 in playoff reaching difficulty, behind baseball. Being an 8 seed in the NBA or NHL is no reason to celebrate. Missing the play-in by one game in MLB is nothing to be ashamed of. That’s why for the NFL making the playoffs is a good standard. What makes failing to make it so much worse is the NFL has, by far, the fewest games and the longest off season. I will Vance McDonald Jersey , of course, pay attention to the combine, pre-draft analysis, the draft itself, free agency, OTA’s, camp, preseason games. But they are all just hollow shells of the regular season.In like manner for me the season is essentially over. Like the ‘72 Dolphins popping corks when the last undefeated team falls, my only concern left for this year is needing the Pats and Cowboys to be eliminated, that we might maintain sole possession of Most Lombardis. Neither looks likely to make a serious run.Now would be a good time to sell your Buffalo Wild Wings stock, or cash in your gift cards. They may not survive my beautiful wife and I having no reason to go there.Hoping JuJu Smith-Schuster, Joe Haden and T.J. Watt get late invites to the Pro-Bowl. But even if they do, I won’t be watching. It’s just too... well, too nothing. It’s nothing. I used to watch it faithfully, back when it was the week after the Super Bowl. But I also used to watch Mr. Belvedere. So that’s not a good standard.What I’m waiting for now is winter to come like it means it. I want to hear Hank Williams Jr. singing Mike Hilton Jersey , “Are you ready for some snowfall?” And “All my rowdy friends are in a snowball fight.”I did check the scores of the wild card games. But I watched none of them. Maybe I should be scouting potential free agents. But the ones we might sign are probably on the bench.One good thing about a long off season- plenty of time for Artie’s psyche to heal. And Boswell’s uh, sore throat.It was not a season that was pleasing. God knows, however, what He’s doing. My best guess on His plan? Rams and Saints, Chiefs and Pats. Pick ‘em on the NFC, Chiefs for the AFC. I’ll wait to pick a Super Bowl winner until next time. Utilizing the second-year stats of other highly-drafted Steelers safeties to hypothesize Edmunds’ 2019 output." Latest NewsCommentaryProjecting Terrell Edmunds’ 2019 statistics based on past Steelers’ safetiesNew,3commentsUtilizing the second-year stats of other highly-drafted Steelers safeties to hypothesize Edmunds’ 2019 output.EDTThe expectation doesn’t change regardless of pedigree. Whether a player is drafted in the first round or an undrafted free agent, any NFL player entering their second year has an expectation of noticeable improvement. From the physical demand of a long season to understanding the game at the NFL level and the speed in which it is played, there is much to learn in a player’s first offseason.For the Steelers’ Terrell Edmunds, 2019 brings the same expectations of improvement as all of the other 2018 rookies. While many think Edmunds had a solid rookie season, others are very quickly to place him in the “bust” category if he doesn’t show vast improvement. Unlike most rookies, Edmunds had plenty of in-game experience last season as he started 15 games and logged the second most defensive snaps only behind Sean Davis.But what will the 2019 season bring for Terrell Edmunds? What kind of jump could we expect? The best idea I had to project Edmunds jump from year one to year two was to look at two highly-drafted safeties who were full-time starters their second season: Sean Davis and Troy Polamalu. The statistics I’ve decided to outline are interceptions, passes defensed, forced fumbles, sacks Anthony Chickillo Jersey , total tackles, and solo tackles.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="tKgQPu">Sean DavisIn 2016, Sean Davis started nine games as a rookie and logged 740 defensive snaps. In his second season, Davis started all 16 regular-season games and increased his defensive snaps to 948. With the exception of sacks, Davis increased in the other five statistical categories. Davis played 28.1% more stats from year one to year two, but saw a much higher percent increases in interceptions, passes defensed, and forced fumbles. In both categories of tackles, the percent increase was very similar to the increase in snaps. The exact statistics for each year and the change are listed below.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="CMcBqT">Troy PolamaluAlthough he appeared in every game, Polamalu did not start at all his rookie season in 2003. By his second year, Polamalu started all 16 regular-season games. Unfortunately, I was unable to find snap counts before 2012, so the only gauge is the massive increase in games started. Just like Sean Davis, Polamalu’s sacks sightly dipped his second season. Other than having the same number of forced fumbles, Polamalu saw massive increases in the other statistical category. <hr class="p-entry-hr" id="ImW9Zy">Terrell EdmundsWhen it comes to comparing his rookie statistics to Davis and Polamalu Rocky Bleier Jersey , Edmunds was very similar in interceptions, passes defensed, forced fumbles, and sacks. Edmunds did have a significant larger amount of tackles which can most likely be attributed to a larger number of games started and snaps played. Below is a list of Edmunds’ first year stats and my projection for his statistics for this coming season.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="GLGr0u">ReasoningSo why did I come up with these numbers? First off, these stats are assuming Edmunds starts all 16. When it came to tackles, both Davis and Polamalu had similar year-two totals so I had Edmunds numbers follow suit. Since neither Davis or Polamalu saw an increase in sacks, I kept Edmunds at the same total as 2018. With the other statistics, I started with a similar increase but adjusted some totals down due to the fact Edmunds will not have as much of an increase in playing time from year one to year two.So the final statistical line I project for Terrell Edmunds in 2019 is two interceptions, seven passes defensed, one forced fumble, one sack, 92 total tackles, and 68 solo tackles.So what do you think? Are these statistics a reasonable estimate? Or are they too high or too low based on your projections? Make sure you vote in the poll below and leave any explanations in the comments.

zhangzk n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier This was the first of those.