Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La vie en dehors du refuge Jones HR
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Sam Déc 28, 2019 9:34
Message Auteur Message
Cl11234566
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  Jones HR Répondre en citant

BRISBANE, Australia -- Serena Williams did a quick little dance behind the baseline to remind herself to move her feet. After a complete air swing at the net in the second set, she smiled ruefully and drew in some long, deep breathes. She netted a service return on her first match point. Top-ranked Williams first competitive match of the season, on New Years Eve, was by no means perfect, but the 6-4, 6-4 win over Andrea Petkovic at the Brisbane International was a decent start against a player who has been ranked as high as No. 9. She made 36 unforced errors, including the big miss on Petkovics floater in the fifth game of the second set, but hit 35 winners and fired 11 aces including one at 196 kph (122 mph) to bring up set point in the first. "It was an intense match, which was really good," Williams said. "Shes been in the top 10 before and she was on her way to being even better. It was a good match for me." Williams started 2013 in Brisbane with a title, the first of 11 for a year that included two major championships. Shes back with the aim of carrying the momentum into 2014. And shes already into the quarterfinals where shell meet ninth-seeded Dominika Cibulkova, who overcame 43-year-old Japanese veteran Kimiko Date-Krumm 6-3, 1-6, 6-3. Williams had a win-loss record of 78-4 last season and spent all but seven weeks atop the rankings, and she hasnt lowered her expectations for the year ahead. "I had a similar question in 2012. I had such a good year winning two slams and a (Olympic) gold and two doubles. It was a lot," she said. "I just didnt think I could do better. Arguably I may have done better (in 2013), so Im just going to be up for that challenge again." In other second-round matches, fourth-seeded Jelena Jankovic beat Elina Svitolina of Ukraine 6-1, 6-3. On the mens side, sixth-seeded Feliciano Lopez of Spain had a 6-4, 6-4 win over Mikhail Kukushkin of Kazakhstan, No. 8 Jeremy Chardy beat fellow Frenchman Adrian Mannarino 7-6 (4) 7-5, Australias Matthew Ebden beat American Alex Kuznetsov 6-3, 6-4 and Nicolas Mahut of France defeated Igor Sijsling of the Netherlands 3-6, 6-4, 6-4. At the WTA event in Auckland, New Zealand, former No. 1-ranked Ana Ivanovic overcame a sore shoulder and saved four set points on serve on her way to a 7-5, 7-6 (2) win over American Alison Riske. The second-seeded Ivanovic required treatment during the second set and played the latter stages with her right shoulder strapped. At 3-5 and 0-40 down in the second, she faced the prospect of a difficult third set but strung together a series of powerful serves to save the game, then broke Riske to force a tiebreak. "I was very happy to get through that second set after I was down," Ivanovic said. "There was a bit of wind and I had wind nerves, there were a few mis-hits and then this (shoulder injury) happened." Third-seeded Kirsten Flipkens of Belgium advanced 6-4, 7-5 over Monica Puig of Puerto Rico, but fourth-seeded Sorana Cirstea of Romania and former champion Yanina Wickmayer of Belgium both lost to qualifiers. Air Force 1 Womens Outlet . - Jayden Hart scored once and set up two more as the Prince Albert Raiders downed the host Red Deer Rebels 5-3 on Tuesday to clinch the final Western Hockey League playoff berth. Air Force 1 China . Joining him in this years class were Switzerlands Patrick Huerlimann and Norways Eigil Ramsfjell. The announcement was made at the world mens curling championship at Capital Indoor Stadium in China. https://www.cheapairforce1outlet.com/.The Toronto Raptors guard, who will represent the Eastern Conference at the All-Star Game in New Orleans on Sunday, says he doesnt complain in the face of adversity "because I know this little girl is just happy for anything. Air Force 1 Off-White Outlet . The match, billed as a "next-gen" encounter between two of the sports rising stars, lasted two and a half hours. The loss kept Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., from reaching a third fourth-round spot in Melbourne over the past four years. Air Force 1 Retro Outlet . The 17-time Grand Slam champion, who lose three straight finals in Monte Carlo to Rafael Nadal from 2006-08, has not played in the tournament since 2011, when he lost to Jurgen Melzer in the quarterfinals. BALTIMORE -- The Chicago White Sox had yielded 14 hits, including a career-high 11 by starter Chris Sale, yet still stood poised to end their four-game losing streak. And then the magic vanished. Chris Davis hit a pinch-hit, three-run homer in the ninth inning off Ronald Belisario to doom to the White Sox to a 6-4 defeat Monday night. Chicago had no right to be in position to win, given that the Orioles got a hit in every inning and finished with three home runs. Sale, who came in 6-1 with a 2.20 ERA, worked out of one jam after another in six innings. The left-hander walked one, hit a batter and had a season-low three strikeouts. "My own manager was calling me Houdini," Sale said. "I just got lucky in some cases. I should have lost that game easily in terms of giving up more runs." Davis was excluded from the starting lineup after batting just .130 in his previous 14 starts. Called upon by manager Buck Showalter with runners on first and second and one out in the ninth, Davis launched a 3-2 pitch into the right-field seats. "I made a mistake with it," Belasario (3-4) said. "For me, its pretty tough. Im trying to get my job done, but things happen." Davis, who led the majors in home runs and RBIs last year, started the game in the dugout with a .216 batting average and 78 strikeouts in 218 at-bats. Adam Jones and Caleb Joseph also homered for the Orioles, who trailed 4-2 in the eighth before rallying to hand the White Sox their eighth straight road loss. Brad Brach (1-0) pitched two hitless innings for Baltimore. Jose Abreu hit his 22nd homer and drove in three runs for Chicago, which went 1 for 11 with runners in scoring position. "Bad times are part of this and I think what we have to do is we have to play together," Abreu said. "We have to get united. Tough times are going to be there. Thats part of the game." Chicago trailed 2-1 until Abreu led off the sixth with a drive over the wall in centre. Dayan Viciedo followed with a double and Conor Gillaspie chased Orioles starter Wei-Yin Chen with a run-scoring double.dddddddddddd An RBI double by Abreu made it 4-2 in the seventh. The rookie ranks third in the AL in home runs and his 60 RBIs is tied for third. Joseph hit his second homer in two games, a solo shot off Zach Putnam in the eighth. The drive capped the rookies first career three-hit game. That set the stage for Davis 13th home run. He hit 53 last year. "I was really proud of the at-bat," Davis said. "After I got down 0-1, I was really trying to elevate the ball, get a pitch out over the plate. I was able to lay off some pitches, fouled one off that probably wasnt a strike, but at that point I was just trying to protect." Baltimore went up 2-0 in the first inning when Steve Pearce walked and Jones followed with a drive to centre that bounced off the top of the wall, only the fifth home run allowed by Sale this season. Chicago got a run back in the third. Adam Eaton reached on an infield hit, Gordon Beckham doubled and Abreu hit a run-scoring groundout. In the bottom half, Sale struck out Delmon Young and J.J. Hardy after the Orioles put runners on the corners with one out. One inning later, Baltimore loaded the bases with one out before Pearce hit a short fly and Jones struck out. The trend continued in the fifth, when three straight singles filled the bases with no outs. After Manny Machado hit into a force at the plate, Jonathan Schoop bounced into a 4-6-3 double play. NOTES: Jones HR was his 151st with Baltimore, tying Chris Hoiles for 10th place on the Orioles career list. Of his 14 HRs this season, 10 have been solo shots. ... Eaton has reached base in 18 straight games, the longest streak by a White Sox left-handed batter since Juan Pierre had an 18-game run in 2011. ... Miguel Gonzalez makes his second career start against the White Sox on Tuesday night. Lefty Jose Quintana starts for Chicago. .... Pearces career-high run of five straight multihit games ended. ... The crowd of 17, 931 pushed the season total at Camden Yards of 1 million after 33 home dates, two games ahead of last year. ' ' '

Cl11234566 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La vie en dehors du refuge Jones HR