Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier Tom Coughlin gushed about Nick Foles
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Lun Aoû 05, 2019 9:16
Message Auteur Message
zhangzk
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  Tom Coughlin gushed about Nick Foles Répondre en citant

JACKSONVILLE Cheap Clayton Thorson Jersey , Fla. (AP) — for several minutes and then had one request for his new Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback.“I hope every game in 2019 is like the Oakland game of 2013,” said Coughlin, the franchise’s top executive.That’s the game in which Foles threw for 406 yards, with seven touchdown passes, no interceptions and a perfect (158.3) quarterback rating.Foles nodded his head, smiled and turned to look at coach Doug Marrone.No pressure, Nick.The Jaguars formally introduced Foles on Thursday, hours after he signed a four-year, $88 million contract that includes $50.125 million guaranteed.Foles welcomed being a starter again, embraced his new home, and gave Jacksonville the belief it has a franchise quarterback for the first time since Mark Brunell led the team to two AFC championship games (1997, 2000).“This is a real good day,” Coughlin said. “This signing signals change and a new start for the Jacksonville Jaguars.”It also signals the end of the Blake Bortles era.Coughlin and general manager Dave Caldwell both said they have no regrets about giving Bortles a three-year, $58 million contract just 13 months ago. The deal included $26.5 million guaranteed and will cost the Jags $16.5 million in dead money in 2019. Jacksonville released Bortles on Wednesday, parting with him after five up-and-down seasons.“It was the right thing to do,” Coughlin said. “The guy took us to the AFC championship game (in 201Cool. There wouldn’t have been anybody that would have disputed the fact that he deserved the opportunity. … So what we did at that point in time is try to fortify our team around him. Obviously, we wish it was better, but I have no regrets about that.”Because of the financial commitment to Bortles, the Jags had to cut five veterans — including former Pro Bowl defenders Tashaun Gipson and Malik Jackson — to create enough salary cap space to sign Foles.Foles will count roughly $12 million against the cap in 2019, leaving Jacksonville about $12 million to spend frugally on a remaining free agent or two.“We have limited funds, so we’re obviously studying everything Youth Jason Peters Jerseys ,” Coughlin said. “We’d like to think there’s a bargain or two out there that we can advantage of. That’s basically where we are.”The Jaguars need a right tackle and at least two tight ends to help Foles.Coughlin also made it clear the team has no plans to deviate from its run-first approach.“I think that Nick won’t have any trouble handing the ball off,” Coughlin said. “We believe in balance. I think it’s the factor which allows and helps the quarterback — to be able to run the ball, to be able to keep defenses off-balance, to not know whether you’re going to run or throw. … But what we truly believe is this quarterback, this young man, gives us the best chance to win.”Foles led the Eagles to four playoff victories over the last two seasons, including the franchise’s first NFL title since 1960. He earned 2018 Super Bowl MVP honors and made himself the league’s premier quarterback commodity.Foles will reunite with former Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo, who was hired in January to be Jacksonville’s offensive coordinator.“Coach DeFilippo over here is someone that I’ve been on the biggest stage with,” Foles said. “We have gone through so much together. We know each other’s personalities. He knows how I like to play the game, what my tendencies are. We know how to work together, so that is something that is great.”Foles also will wear No. 7 for the first time since high school.He wanted it in college at Michigan State, but Brian Hoyer had it. He transferred to Arizona, where Willie Tuitama had it. Philadelphia drafted him in 2012, but Mike Vick had it. Foles signed with the St. Louis Rams, who retired it in honor of Bob Waterfield. He signed with Kansas City, but Aaron Murray had it. He could have donned No. 7 during his return to the Eagles, but opted to stick with No. 9.“This was the first opportunity where I could go back to my roots: my high school and my childhood and I was just playing free like that and wear my No. 7,” he said.Now, he just has to perform like he did against the Raiders in 2013.“This is where I want to finish my career and this is ultimately where we are going to put down roots,” Foles said. “I don’t know if it is ever something I’m going to be able to sit back and realize, ‘Wow Jason Peters Jerseys Stitched , that really happened.’ It’s been a wild ride, but we are so grateful for everything that happened, and we are looking forward to it continuing on.” 4 DAYS!"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Eagles StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Eagles NewsYahoo Eagles Team PageYahoo Eagles ReportYahoo Eagles Depth ChartYahoo Eagles TransactionsYahoo Eagles PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕The Draft Bag: Daniel Jones, Marquise Brown, and Derek BarnettNew,51comments4 DAYS!EDTShareTweetShareShareThe Draft Bag: Daniel Jones, Marquise Brown, and Derek BarnettKevin Jairaj-USA TODAY SportsIn The News CycleDaniel Jones to the GiantsEarlier this week, Charles Robinson — who has proved relatively plugged in over the last few years — shared this:That team is the New York Giants.Daniel Jones was not a very good college quarterback, in a very QB-friendly offense at Duke. As is perennially the case, he has been touted by the NFL for his intangibles (that do not signal successful NFL play, physical traits (which aren’t even that exciting), and something to do with his pedigree — in this case, playing for Manning-connected David Cutcliffe.While Jones makes sense in a Shurmur offense and stylistically is similar to Eli, it is important to note: he is not very good. As a potential Round 1 pick, he’s a significant reach; and as a developmental prospect, he’s relatively low-ceiling. This would be a no good, very bad pick for the Giants.It is also the best case scenario for the Eagles, as the only thing worse than not having the young QB of the future, is getting the young QB of the future wrong.The ideal New York Round 1 is Rashan Gary at 6 and Daniel Jones at 17 (or vice versa). Cross your fingers, sports fans.Donovan McNabb’s thoughts on Carson WentzCouldn’t care less about McNabb’s thoughts on Wentz. Has he shown himself to be a respected analyst of play since retirement? Or even an even-keeled Youth Fletcher Cox Jerseys , unbiased opinion? No.Here are a few things I know about Carson Wentz:1) Barring another season-ending injury, the Eagles are going to extend Carson Wentz to a second deal. You don’t find QB talent like him — MVP-caliber season in Year 2, folks! — in every five drafts, let alone in every one.2) No matter how loved Nick Foles was, nobody’s upset to have Carson Wentz as their starting QB in 2019. He’s a well-liked guy and talented player. Even if he was upset by the whole Foles situation — which he likes was to a small degree, that was subsequently ballooned beyond proportion — not liking how a guy handled a tricky work situation doesn’t mean you hate him indiscriminately and never want to work with him again. There are shades of gray here, team.3) Character-wise, he profiles as a player who will respond to and recover from challenges. You don’t go from HS nothing to FCS champion to Number 2 draft pick without having some mettle, gang.Seven Round Mock DraftLet’s fire up the ol’ Mock Draft Machine at The Draft Network and see what we can do for this team.I wanted to take a look at a mock with Hollywood Brown at 25 overall, to get a feel for how the Eagles might handle their needs later in the class. Of course, Marquise Brown is currently the clubhouse leader (among mock drafts) for the Eagles’ selection, but it’s unclear just how much of that is smoke.If the Eagles go for the speed demon WR in Round 1, it doesn’t affect much of their Day 2 plans: 53 and 57 are both great spots to capitalize on strong classes at SAF and OT, as Top-40 players will trickle down into range at those selections. Thornhill remains my favorite fit for the Eagles (outside of Chauncey Gardner-Johnson) and Cajuste is a great tackle option on Day 2.The suffering comes on the DL, which doesn’t get the infusion of young, starting-caliber talent that frequently comes in mocks that don’t address WR early. Joe Jackson flashed during his time at Miami, but he’s easily slotted behind Josh Sweat on the depth chart given draft slotting and overall talent— remember, Sweat fell due to health concerns.The interior doesn’t get help until Round 6, where the Eagles invest in high-upside Cortez Broughton. Uber-productive and boasting an explosive first-step, Broughton’s a penetration player who can add to the pass-rush on Day 1 while working on his hand technique and run defense to become a long-term staple on the line.Rodney Anderson is a bit of a risk at running back, given his injury history — the Eagles labored under RB injuries last season Fletcher Cox Jerseys Stitched , and may look for a healthier option. But as a committee player, you can manage Anderson’s touches and hopefully keep him fresh. His film is reminiscent of Jay Ajayi’s, which is exciting news for this offense.Ty Summers? Good athlete, bad tape. Stash and develop.This class would get a B from me, but that may be the reality if Hollywood is indeed the selection. More on that player below, in our scouting report.Scouting ReportMarquise Brown, man. When you have an elite trait — and I don’t use elite lightly — it automatically makes you a high-floor prospect. When you get added to an offense that knows how to use you — and Doug Pederson and Mike Groh know how to use a guy like Marquise Brown — you become that much more reliable.I wouldn’t love Brown as the pick at 25 at all. But I have little to no doubt he’d be productive here in Philadelphia.There is reason to be concerned with the depth chart ahead of him — assuming Nelson Agholor isn’t traded (at least to start the season), Brown will be the WR4 on a team that loves to run 12 personnel. But Brown’s ability to house constraint plays, like the tunnel screen, will make him an immediate contributor on a subpackage of plays.Designed touch; game-breaking speed. The floor on Brown isn’t so much because of his ability as a deep threat, but because of his angle-breaking explosiveness and suddenness with the ball in his hands. There’s a reason teams keep kick the tires on Tavon Austin: guys who can take bubble screens and shallow crossers the distance are rare and valuable.The deep game does get the highlight coverage with Brown, and with good reason. With hislong speed, Brown gobbled up the off-coverage cushions he was afforded in Big 12 play, exposing teams who neglected to leave a safety on top of him. Brown gets a little too much credit for his route running ability, in my opinion — it’s not hard to create separation when you’re afforded the respect that he is for his deep speed — but this exactly what you want to see from a player you expect to regularly target on deep crossers, posts, and nines. Brown knows that if he can just get Washington’s (No. 2Cool weight back on his heels ever so slightly, he’ll be able to hit the nos into the open area opposite, and Washington won’t have the burst to recover. Great marriage of traits and skills there.My primary concerns with Brown are his contested catch ability and general catch technique, which stem from his lack of size. Brown regularly looks to basket-catch and run under passes deep down the field, and lacks the ability to elevate and attack the football in the air. This allows defenders to more easily play the catch point and disrupt Brown’s stride Youth Jay Ajayi Jerseys , and Brown certainly seems to lose focus when contact arrives.Brown’s role in the slot is an interesting matter to discuss, as that’s likely where his Year 1 snaps would come from (again, assuming an Agholor trade). For more on that, you should check out Kisty’s article.Mail Bag2See this post.If we look at the 9 traits I grade for receivers:Hands: BrownRoute Running: AgholorReleases: AgholorTracking: BrownCatch Radius: AgholorRAC: BrownPhysicality: AgholorBlocking: AgholorFunctional Athleticism: Push (unknown for Brown)Brown has the elite blue-chip trait in speed that kinda confounds this approach, but Agholor’s the better three level/traditional threat. Brown is certainly higher-ceiling at this point.There are always teams looking to trade back. I don’t think it affects the price that much.I do think Howie will be aggressive trading up if a Top-10, Year 1 contributor falls who they like. Two names to watch for are D.K. Metcalf, Christian Wilkins, and Brian Burns.Probably not.Ooh, good question. He’d be my EDGE7, behind Nick Bosa, Brian Burns, Montez Sweat, Josh Allen, Clelin Ferrell, and Jachai Polite.

zhangzk n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier Tom Coughlin gushed about Nick Foles