Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier David Williams II, the first black athletic director in the Southeastern
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Sam Aoû 10, 2019 7:39
Message Auteur Message
zhangzk
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  David Williams II, the first black athletic director in the Southeastern Répondre en citant

NASHVILLE Black Quincy Williams Jersey , Tenn. (AP) — Conference and an “incomparable leader” at Vanderbilt, died Friday, hours before his retirement party. He was 71.He died at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the university said. The cause was not disclosed. His last day as athletic director was Jan. 31.“David Williams stood tall on this campus, in this city and in college athletics nationally as an incomparable leader, role model and dear friend to me and so many others,” chancellor Nicholas Zeppos said in a statement. “We are devastated by this loss. His impact on our community is immeasurable and will be felt for generations to come.”Williams was nicknamed the Goldfather — the school colors are black and gold — for his success at the school. He had been the SEC’s second-longest tenured athletic director behind Kentucky’s Mitch Barnhart when he announced his retirement last September. Malcolm Turner took over Feb. 1, Williams stayed on as a full-time law professor. He also was establishing a Sports, Law & Society program at Vanderbilt Law School.“David authored a remarkable legacy at Vanderbilt, one defined by blazing trails and championing the student-athlete,” Turner said in a statement.Williams was vice chancellor of student affairs and a tenured law professor Quincy Williams Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys , general counsel and university secretary in 2003 when then-chancellor Gordon Gee dissolved the Vanderbilt athletic department in 2003. Williams’ job overseeing student affairs put him in charge of athletics, which he had worked in while at Ohio State.He shed some jobs in 2012 when he took the athletic director title. During his stay, Vanderbilt won four national championships — baseball (2014), women’s tennis (2015) and women’s bowling (2007, 201Cool — and enjoyed its most football success in nearly a century.The last bowl berth for the Commodores had been in 1982. Vanderbilt went to six bowl games under Williams, starting in 2008 and most recently in December. It marked a huge turnaround for a program that ended the SEC’s longest bowl drought and a 25-year stretch without a winning record.“I remember the disbelief that people had,” Williams said. “But I knew we could do that. And quite honestly, I also knew that the hardest thing of all of this was going to be football because of the size of it and that this is the Southeastern Conference.”Williams hired both James Franklin, now at Penn State, and current coach Derek Mason in football. Vanderbilt has five wins in the past seven years over state rival Tennessee and just reached a second bowl in three seasons. Mason wrote on Twitter that he loved Williams.“You believed in me…your wisdom and guidance forged a bond that will never be forgotten,” Mason wrote.Williams also hired Bryce Drew and Stephanie White in 2016 to coach men’s and women’s basketball. Vanderbilt canceled availability with the men’s basketball team Friday. Williams also kept Tim Corbin as baseball coach; Vanderbilt’s streak of 13 straight NCAA Tournament berths is best in the SEC and the Commodores are the preseason pick to win the SEC title this year.He also oversaw upgrades to McGugin Center, home to the football program Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys 2019 , along with building an indoor football practice facility that also has a track, upgrades to the baseball field, and offices and renovations at Memorial Gym among others.SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey said in a statement posted to Twitter that he lost both a friend and someone who guided him in many ways.“His steady leadership and his legacy as a trailblazer have moved the Vanderbilt community in ways that will be felt for generations,” Sankey wrote. It seems that the national consensus for the Jacksonville Jaguars in the 2019 NFL Draft is they will pick right tackle Jawaan Taylor with the seventh overall pick. Well, there is that one..." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteBig Cat Countrya Jacksonville Jaguars communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsJaguarsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Jaguars Free Agency 2016Jaguars Film RoomNFL DraftJaguars Injury NewsLatest NewsJaguars should pick a pass rusher in the first roundNew,141commentsEDTShareTweetShareShareJaguars should pick a pass rusher in the first roundPhoto by Tim Warner/Getty ImagesIt seems that the national consensus for the Jacksonville Jaguars in the 2019 NFL Draft is they will pick right tackle Jawaan Taylor with the seventh overall pick. Well, there is that one purposefully out of left field pick made that won’t happen, but by and large everyone has the Jaguars picking a right tackle. The closer we get to the draft however, and the more the consensus is a right tackle the less I think that’s what the Jaguars will do with their pick.I mentioned it before to not sleep on a defensive lineman for the Jaguars in the No. 7 spot and as we get closer the more I think that’s absolutely what the pick is going to be. The team has brought in a lot of pass rushers for pre-draft visits and interestingly did absolutely nothing in free agency on the defensive line. Compare that to say tight end where a few players were signed or right tackle where they signed two guys to compete, they did absolutely nothing on the defensive line.While I think everyone agrees that the Jaguars defensive line is good and talented, I do think people are sleeping on it’s need for fresh depth/guys who will play snaps. The team moved Dante Fowler Jr. midseason and they released Malik Jackson after the season in an expected cap cutting move. While Fowler was a disappointing first round pick, he was still a contributor to the pass rush and his contribution does need to be replaced and addressed. As for as Jackson Youth Quincy Williams Jersey , the Jaguars did draft Taven Bryan in 2018, but his rookie season was a whole lot of nothing.People constantly point to the 2017 season as proof of what the Jaguars defense can carry them to with even just bang average quarterback play and a solid run game. What is not being translated with that in 2019 however is that Folwer and Jackson combined for 16 sacks that season. Where is that coming from now? Are you getting that from Dawuane Smoot and Taven Bryan? I don’t think so.You also have to approach the point that Yannick Ngakoue is going into the final year of his rookie season and Calais Campbell is going to be one year older. I don’t think we will see a big drop of from Campbell yet and I do think the team re-signs Ngakoue prior to the start of the 2019 season, but these are still things you have to have in your mind.This is a draft that is top heavy on the defensive line with what a lot of people consider elite talent, so if you’re right there and one falls in your lap, it’s the perfect blend of value and need. While I think someone like T.J. Hockenson would be a fine pick at No. 7, I don’t think the gap in talent between he and whatever tight ends will be there in rounds two and three are so significant of a drop off that you have to take Hockenson in the Top 10. I feel the exact same way for Jonah Williams and Jawaan Taylor. Not to mention if it wasn’t for the Jaguars picking Taylor because they need a right tackle, I struggle to see him getting drafted in the Top 15. Is he really that good at right tackle to be a Top 10 pick?On the flip side the drop off from the defensive line from pick seven to pick 38 has a huge drop off. If you want one of the elite ones, you have to pick them early. Yes, I know that Ngakoue was a third round pick, but mid-round great pass rushers are few and far between. Those guys, much like quarterbacks, get snapped up quickly because they’re so important. Also Womens Quincy Williams Jersey , and this will probably stir up a lot of debate, but I just don’t think right tackle or tight end matter all that much. If you have a good enough right tackle and a good enough tight end, you never think about them. You do not need elite players at those positions to have success. Like, can you name the best right tackle in the NFL off the top of your head? Can you name the fourth best tight end off the top of your head? It’s great to have players like Travis Kelce or Rob Gronkowski, but there’s a big pile of guys who are just fine after them and truth be told that’s all you need. In a way, they’re kind of like running back. You can find running backs. You can find right tackles and tight ends littered throughout the draft.At pass rusher, you need elite players to have success.

zhangzk n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier David Williams II, the first black athletic director in the Southeastern