Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier All those yellow flags thrown against the Jacksonville Jaguars
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Lun Aoû 12, 2019 8:44
Message Auteur Message
zhangzk
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  All those yellow flags thrown against the Jacksonville Jaguars Répondre en citant

The Jaguars (3-Cool have been penalized 80 times Black Abry Jones Jerseys , tying them for seventh in the NFL, and have been docked the fourth-most yards (751).But Marrone’s main concern is that Jacksonville has been called for a league-leading 22 personal fouls, none more costly than running back Leonard Fournette’s unsportsmanlike conduct penalty last week at Buffalo.Marrone is clearly frustrated with his team’s undisciplined ways.“It has been addressed and obviously further steps have to be taken for us,” Marrone said.Pressed for details, Marrone said he will “talk about it with the team.”More Jacksonville Jaguars newsJaguars get help for Nick Foles with signings of WR Chris Conley, RT Cedric OgbuehiIt’s official: Jaguars agree to terms with Super Bowl MVP QB Nick FolesJaguars, guard A.J. Cann agree to terms on 3-year contractJaguars reportedly agree to 4-year, $88 million deal with QB Nick FolesJaguars cut 5 veterans, including defensive lineman Malik Jackson, safety Tashaun GipsonFournette was tossed late in the third quarter Sunday and suspended one game without pay a day later for leaving the sideline, running across the field and instigating a fight with Bills defensive end Shaq Lawson. Fournette and Lawson exchanged punches before being separated.“Just got to grow up, you know,” Jags defensive tackle Malik Jackson said. “I think he understands what he did and how he messed it up.”Without the team’s best offensive player, Jacksonville failed to score from inside the Buffalo 1-yard line on first down and then got called for consecutive penalties that left the offense facing second-and-goal from the 17. The Jags failed to do much from there and then missed a 42-yard field goal that would have put them ahead 17-14.Adding to Marrone’s angst, defensive end Yannick Ngakoue (face mask) and safety Barry Church (unnecessary roughness) were flagged on Buffalo’s next two plays 鈥?both 15-yarders that set up the Bills’ go-ahead touchdown.“The way the team plays is a reflection on me,” Marrone said. “I understand that. I always have. I’ve always taken a lot of pride in having a well-disciplined, smart football team and obviously I’m not getting that done.“I’ve been through that before. We’ve been able to overcome that, and I think when we do, then we have a better opportunity to win football games. There are measures you can take that you hope you don’t have to get there and I’m probably getting them too late. I wasn’t expecting that out of our football team in Year 2.”The Jaguars have little room for error because of offensive struggles related to poor quarterback play Abry Jones Jerseys 2019 , average receivers and mounting injuries. Penalties only make it more difficult for them to move the chains and score.Tom Coughlin, the team’s executive vice president of football operations and Marrone’s boss, also called out players for their conduct.“The way we behave on the field, I mean, it’s ridiculous some of the penalties,” Coughlin told 1010XL during a charity fundraiser earlier this week. “So there’s a lot of things that are going to get addressed and are being addressed.”Marrone doesn’t believe benching players or fining them is the answer, noting that “education and learning give you a better chance long term for those things not to occur.”“There are a lot of combinations of how to fix it,” he added. “But we’re looking to fix it right overnight, yes.”Jacksonville, which has lost seven consecutive games, hosts Indianapolis (6-5) on Sunday. The Colts have won five in a row, including a 29-26 victory against the Jags three weeks ago.Marrone fired offensive coordinator Nathanial Hackett and benched quarterback Blake Bortles on Monday. He also made it clear more changes could be on the horizon if the team doesn’t end its losing streak 鈥?and cut down on the personal fouls.“It’s basically just going to be an end result; you either get it done or you don’t get it done,” Marrone said. “If it’s not good enough for the people you work for, then hey, they’re going to let you go. We all know that. It’s nothing to hold your head down about or nothing to feel bad about. It’s like anything else. I walk in around here, it’s embarrassing, it’s frustrating.“But at the end of the day, there has to be leadership somewhere. Someone has to step up, someone has to go and lead. … I’m never going to drop my head. I’m working my butt off to do the best job I can. I think as long as you can do that and you don’t sulk or make excuses or anything Black Corey Grant Jerseys , I can look myself in the mirror and know I did everything I can.” JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Blake Bortles isn’t quite ready to focus on his future with the franchise.For now, the Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback is trying to be supportive teammate.Bortles will start a regular-season game on the bench for the first time since Sept. 14, 2014, serving as Cody Kessler’s backup against Indianapolis (6-5) on Sunday.“I put myself in this position and didn’t play good enough,” Bortles said Wednesday, two days after getting demoted. “Didn’t win football games, couldn’t find a way to get it done. And when that happens, it’s a business and everybody understands that. I don’t think there’s anything personal involved. As a quarterback, I think you have one job and that’s to win a football game, and if you don’t do that, your time’s probably limited.”Bortles sounded like someone who knows his time with Jacksonville is nearing the end.Bortles signed a three-year, $54 million contract in February and will count $21 million against the salary cap in 2019. If the Jags cut him before June 1, they would still take a $16.5 million hit against the cap.The fifth-year pro and third overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft seemed resigned to — at the very least — having to compete for the starting job next year.“Yeah, I have no problem with competition or anything,” he said. “I’m not in charge of the decisions that are made. I obviously put myself in this position and forced their decision to be made, but at the end of the day, they’re in charge of making those personnel decisions. And if it’s a competition or if it’s, ‘See you later; you’re out of here Corey Grant Jerseys 2019 ,’ whatever it is, I love playing football and would love the opportunity to play again.”Coach Doug Marrone benched Bortles and fired offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett on the same day. He promoted Kessler and will have quarterbacks coach Scott Milanovich call plays.“It’s always going to be a difference,” Marrone said. “Obviously, we have the same system. We aren’t going to be changing the terminology in a week. Cody played in this system and now he gets a full week of (practicing). I think that Scott knows what Cody can do obviously; he was his position coach. We’ll see when we get out there and see things during the week of what we’re going to be able to use.”Kessler hasn’t taken many first-team reps since training camp, so he needs to develop some chemistry with his offensive linemen and receiving corps.He also won’t have running back Leonard Fournette (suspension) or three starting offensive linemen: left tackle Cam Robinson, left guard Andrew Norwell and center Brandon Linder. All three are on injured reserve.“There is a reason that every single player is here,” Kessler said. “You obviously want to have every guy out there that you can, but when you can’t, it is the same thing. Next man up, and we have guys that are going to be ready. And whoever is out there, everyone is competing and everyone is given an opportunity. I am excited. Everyone is here for a reason, and we are going to be ready to go.”Bortles took the benching in stride, saying and doing all the right things in his reduced role. He said he learned from longtime Jaguars backup Chad Henne how to handle getting benched and being a career backup.“One thing I’ve always said that I thought was one of the most incredible things I’ve ever seen is how Chad handled going from being the starter to the backup and how he was able to maturely handle that and be there for me and do whatever I needed or help me out in any way,” Bortles said. “Anytime I’ve ever been in that situation, that’s all I’ll try and do is kind of what he did and what I witnessed him do.“It’s be a professional and handle it the way you should. It’s a job, and our job is to be here and try to win football games, and as a backup quarterback or any quarterback that’s not the starter you job is to help the starter and help the rest of the offense score points and win.”

zhangzk n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier All those yellow flags thrown against the Jacksonville Jaguars