Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Le menu et la météo du jour time to savour the first walk-off hit of his career. Raci
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Ven Aoû 16, 2019 7:18
Message Auteur Message
Dogcat250
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  time to savour the first walk-off hit of his career. Raci Répondre en citant

CLEVELAND -- Michael Bourn didnt take much time to savour the first walk-off hit of his career. Racing around the bases as if his two-run homer in the ninth inning was still in play, Bourn was mobbed by his teammates when he reached home plate as the Cleveland Indians completed a three-game sweep of the Colorado Rockies with a 6-4 win on Sunday. "I was pretty excited," said Bourn, who threw his helmet into the air after rounding third before being doused with water. "I was flying around the bases. I was happy not just because I hit a walk-off, but that we got the sweep against a good team. It was a really good moment I wont forget. My emotions were really going." Bourn hit an 0-1 pitch into the right-field seats off Adam Ottavino (0-2). Mike Aviles singled and took second on George Kottaras sacrifice before Bourn hit his second home run of the season. The walk-off win was Clevelands fourth of the season. "In that situation you just look for a pitch to hit, and when you get one to hit you have to make sure you hit it," Bourn said. Scott Atchison (2-0) worked around a two-out double in the ninth by striking out Charlie Blackmon to end the inning. Colorado completed a 2-7 road trip and has lost four straight for the first time since last September. The Rockies lost two of three in Atlanta and Philadelphia before being swept away by the Indians. "We battled and we came up short," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "Thats the way it went again today. A timely hit sometimes can change a game, but weve had a hard time getting it this whole trip. If you dont take advantage, it will come back and haunt you. It did again." The Rockies fell to .500 for the first time since April 20 when they were 10-10. Colorado is 12-21 on the road. Josh Tomlin allowed three runs and matched a career high with eight strikeouts in 5 2-3 innings. He left with a 4-3 lead, but Blackmons sacrifice fly off Bryan Shaw tied the game in the seventh. Lonnie Chisenhall, who had six RBIs in the series, broke a 3-all tie in the third with a sacrifice fly. Jhoulys Chacin allowed four runs in five innings. The Indians scored three runs on one hit -- Michael Brantleys RBI single -- in the first. A bases-loaded walk to Jason Giambi and David Murphys sacrifice fly scored the other runs. Chacin created his own problems in the inning by walking three and committing a throwing error. Aviles RBI single in the eighth gave Cleveland a 7-6 win Saturday and a four-run inning was the key in Fridays 5-2 victory. Indians manager Terry Francona believes his team is finally producing some timely hits. "Were getting them, and were doing better situationally too," he said. "Its a lot easier when you keep the line moving like weve been doing, when you take your walks, like we did in the first inning. For a while there we had nobody hot." Corey Dickerson hit a two-run homer in the second. Justin Morneaus RBI groundout tied the game in the third. Brantleys leadoff double started the Indians third. He took third on a fly ball and scored on Chisenhalls fly out to right. Brandon Barnes leadoff double and a walk to Jordan Pacheco started the seventh. After a sacrifice, Blackmons fly ball scored Barnes, who slid home ahead of Bourns throw. Colorados key hitters struggled during the trip. Carlos Gonzalez reached on a bunt single to start the eighth, but was 2 for 20 in nine games. Troy Tulowitzki broke an 0-for-13 streak with a third-inning single, but ended the trip in a 3-for-23 slump. Colorado, the highest-scoring offence in the National League, managed only 26 runs on the trip, and struck out 38 times in this series. "We had to pitch well," Tomlin said. "Thats a good-hitting team." Chisenhall, normally a third baseman, made his first career start at first base. NOTES: Francona said the teams training staff thinks Carlos Santana (concussion) could return Friday. Santana has started light hitting drills and his activity will increase as he progresses. ... Rockies 3B Michael Cuddyer made his second straight start at the position. Prior to this weekend, he hadnt played there since 2010 with Minnesota. ... Indians RHP Zach McAllister (sore back) will pitch on a rehab assignment at Class A Lake County on Wednesday. ... The Rockies have Monday off before beginning a three-game home series with Arizona on Tuesday. ... Indians RHP Justin Masterson (2-4) takes on Red Sox RHP John Lackey (6-3) in the opener of a three-game series Monday in Cleveland. Khris Middleton Jersey .com) - Quarterback Cardale Jones will return to Ohio State next season. Eric Bledsoe Jersey . The Wizards gave up two seldom-used players — forward Jan Vesely and point guard Eric Maynor. Vesely goes to the Nuggets, while Maynor gets shipped to the 76ers. Philadelphia receives two second-round draft picks, one from the Wizards in 2015 and one from the Nuggets in 2016. http://www.nbabucksproshop.com/Authentic-Glenn-Robinson-Bucks-Jersey/ . Still, its a start. Josh Baileys goal with 1:40 left capped a furious third-period rally, and the Islanders edged the Penguins 4-3 on Friday night. Ray Allen Jersey . Jurrjens signed a minor league contract with Cincinnati in May, and was 2-3 with a 4.46 ERA at Triple-A Louisville. He has a 53-37 record with a 3.63 ERA in seven major league seasons, including five with Atlanta. D. J. Wilson Jersey .Y. -- Florida Panthers captain Ed Jovanovski finally has something to show for all the pain he went through in overcoming a string of injuries that kept him sidelined for much of the past two years.LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Connor Powers has a bit of Happy Gilmore in him as he winds up to attack a golf ball with his driver, though he doesnt shoot the kind of low scores Adam Sandlers character did in the movie.Kind of hard to make a lot of birdies when half the time you have no idea where the ball is going.I lose a bunch of balls off the tee, Powers said. Accuracy is not the main goal for me when I pick up a club.What is the goal for the former minor league baseball player is hitting the ball a long way, a very long way. He can pound it over 400 yards, and sometimes the balls even stay in the fairway by the time theyre done rolling.On Tuesday, he could earn a cool $250,000 if he can be the biggest of the big hitters in the winner-take-all RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship.Its pretty sweet that theres an opportunity to make money doing this, said Powers, a former Mississippi State first baseman who washed out in the minors after hitting 20 homers in three seasons in the San Diego Padres system. But if it was just 500 bucks Id still be doing it. Its just so much fun to be out there and compete, especially after ending my baseball career. Thats really what it is about for me.Powers and seven others who qualified last month in Mesquite, Nevada, will go head-to-head in the championship final at the Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort. Six balls each, with the winners advancing to the next round until only one long driver is still standing.The 26-year-old Powers qualified for the finals by hitting a drive 402 yards, though that wasnt enough to make him the favourite among the eight players left.dddddddddddd That would probably be Joe Miller, the 2010 world champion and 2013 runner-up from London who competes on the Long Drivers European Tour and has a streak of 13 straight wins.Or it could be Jamie Sadlowski, the 2008 and 2009 world champion from Canada who weighs just 165 pounds but had the longest qualifying drive of 409 yards in Mesquite.They are all different sizes and ages and have different backgrounds, said Art Sellinger, the former two-time world champion who runs Long Drivers of America. The one thing they do have in common is theyre focused on how fast they can swing a golf club and how square they can get at impact.Powers barely played golf at all before stumbling onto the long driving scene, though several of the finalists are scratch handicap players or better. Powers took up long driving at the urging of former Mississippi State teammate Jeff Flagg, who is also in the finals.Powers plays more now and is a 15-handicap, no better than most weekend golfers. But his ball striking skills — at least with the driver — are world class.I still think you have to be a legitimate striker of the ball, said Sellinger, a pioneer of the long driving ranks. Whenever Im trying to educate amateurs I tell them theyre ball strikers. I didnt say they know how to shoot 65 for a living.For Powers, its a lot like stepping up to the plate in baseball, complete with Golf Channel televising it live.Its basically home run derby in golf, he said. And Ive always loved home run derby in baseball. ' ' '

Dogcat250 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message Adresse AIM
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Le menu et la météo du jour time to savour the first walk-off hit of his career. Raci