Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier Bradley Chubb has made up for a slow September start
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Mar Aoû 27, 2019 10:11
Message Auteur Message
zhangzk
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  Bradley Chubb has made up for a slow September start Répondre en citant

The Denver Broncos' rookie edge rusher was honored as the NFL's top rookie defender for the month of October after collecting 16 tackles Youth Cody Parkey Jerseys , 12 of them solo, 5陆 sacks, five tackles for loss, 13 pressures, eight QB hits, a forced fumble and a pass breakup in five games last month.He joined Von Miller (November 2011) and linebacker D.J. Williams (December 2004) as the only Broncos to win the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month award."I'm nowhere near where I want to be," Chubb said Thursday. "I'm happy for the achievement, but ... I want to be 8-0 right now with multiple rookie of the months. This is my first one, so I'm still hungry to get more and for this team to get more wins."The Broncos (3-5) host the Houston Texans (5-3) on Sunday.Chubb said it took him a few games to get used to being chipped by tight ends and running backs."It's different because in college it's pretty much 1-on-1 the whole time," Chubb said. "I feel like I'm more comfortable now."And making quarterbacks uncomfortable.Chubb is only the seventh rookie since 1982 to record at least 5陆 sacks over a three-game span and the first since Aldon Smith of the 49ers did it in 2011.Miller said he figured his pass rushing partner would quickly hit his stride after his September struggles, especially in covering tight ends for the first time in his life.Miller compared Chubb to a prodigy ."When you talk to him, you're not really talking to a rookie. He understands the language," Miller said. "He may not be able to talk back and speak to you in the same language, but he definitely understands it and he's a quick learner Cody Parkey Jerseys Stitched , fast learner, mature beyond his age."I'm extremely excited about where he's at with his career and the hot start that he's had," Miller added. "For him to get Defensive Rookie of the Month is huge. Not too many rookies out there are playing like him. He's got two more months and Defensive Rookie of the Year is in the bag for him."Miller won Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2011.Chubb has seven sacks at the midway point of the season , putting him on pace to challenge for the rookie sacks record of 14陆 set by Tennessee's Jevon Kearse in 1999.Miller said one of the first things he advised Chubb to do after the Broncos selected him with the fifth overall pick of this year's draft was to write out his goals.Among the goals Chubb scribbled down were "sack record, win Defensive Rookie of the Year," Miller said. "He even had goals five years down the road. A guy with that type of mentality and that work ethic, he'll definitely get all of the goals that he wrote on his paper."It's become a race between Chubb and Miller, who has eight sacks, to get to the quarterback, like last week when they sandwiched Patrick Mahomes."I feel like every pass play we have an internal race to the quarterback," Chubb said. "We might not say it out loud, but we want to get there first."Notes: RB Royce Freeman (ankle) returned to practice but didn't participate in any team drills Thursday. ... S Su'a Cravens could be activated off IR Friday. "He's a guy who can play a (dime) linebacker position and also cover a tight end," coach Vance Joseph said. "I think his skill set and his body type will help us play better defense." ... Joseph said Jared Veldheer (knee) will replace sub Billy Turner at right tackle Sunday. The Broncos are also considering having one of them move to the left side occasionally to give LT Garett Bolles a break. Bolles has been whistled 17 times for holding in his first 1陆 seasons after leading the NCAA in holding calls his one year at Utah. ... With ILB Brandon Marshall still nursing a sore knee, the Broncos are preparing Alexander Johnson to make his NFL debut this weekend. Bears coach Matt Nagy need not worry about any R-rated remarks that might have been picked up by the microphone he wore in a win over the New York Jets last week."Is it good or bad?" asked Nagy Youth Trey Burton Jerseys , who had forgotten he was miked up in the first place for a 4 1/2-minute segment posted on the team's website this week."Good? I hope so," he said. "I know there could be some bad stuff on there."Nagy generated rave reviews, with the series of clips shedding further light on how the first-year coach has spurred second-year quarterback Mitchell Trubisky's development as the Bears travel to play the Buffalo Bills on Sunday."I'm going to challenge you right now these two quarters for greatness," Nagy told Trubisky on the sideline at halftime. "You take this thing over right now."Trubisky responded by overseeing three consecutive scoring drives in which the Bears turned a 7-3 lead into a 24-10 win.He called the pep-talk inspiring."When he says that, I think it just makes us more goal-oriented," Trubisky said. "I think it really just honed me in, made me focus more."Trubisky has been on a roll.His 1,814 yards passing in seven games are 379 yards shy of his total in 12 games last year. He has been especially sharp the past four games with 1,233 yards passing and 13 touchdowns 鈥?the most over that span for Chicago since Sid Luckman in 1947.Coupled with an opportunistic defense, which ranks second in the NFL with 17 takeaways, the Bears (4-3) are off to their best start in five years.The Bills (2-6), by comparison, are off to their worst start since 2010, and coach Sean McDermott has had difficulty coaxing much out of a patchwork offense.They haven't scored a touchdown in two games Trey Burton Jerseys Stitched , and managed just 87 points all season.And now Buffalo faces the prospect of starting turnover-prone Nathan Peterman on Sunday, with rookie Josh Allen (sprained throwing elbow) ruled out for a third consecutive week, and Derek Anderson dealing with concussion-related issues.This would mark Peterman's second turn at starting this season, and after he went 5 of 18 for 24 yards and two interceptions through two-plus quarters of a 47-3 season-opening loss at Baltimore."I'm thankful for all the opportunities I've been through, all the lessons I've learned, and ready to be better from them," said Peterman, who has 10 interceptions in 84 career passing attempts, including a brief playoff appearance. "I'm going to go out there and do my best to get us a win."PRYOR COMMITMENTReceiver Terrelle Pryor is in position to make his Bills debut five days since signing with Buffalo, and 10 days after being released by the New York Jets.After saying he felt "underused" during his six-game stint in New York, ending with a groin injury, Pryor is confident he make an immediate impact in Buffalo."I expect high things from myself, and I expect high things from the offense," he said. "Just because we lost some games doesn't mean we can't win or can't put things together. I believe."LINING UPThe Bears have a big hole to fill at right guard after Kyle Long hurt his foot last weekend. Eric Kush or rookie James Daniels Duke Shelley Chicago Bears Jerseys , who have split time at left guard, are candidates to fill the job. Another option is Bryan Witzmann, who signed three weeks ago. Witzmann started 13 games last season in Kansas City, where Nagy was the Chiefs' offensive coordinator.UNCERTAIN HOMECOMINGKhalil Mack's return to Buffalo is up in the air with the Bears star pass rusher's status uncertain due to an injured right ankle. Mack emerged as a star during a four-year career at the University at Buffalo, which was the only Division I school to offer him a scholarship. He went on to be selected fifth overall in the 2014 draft by the Raiders, before Oakland dealt Mack to Chicago before the start of this season.WILDCAT MEMORIESNagy wasn't surprised to see Bills running back LeSean McCoy taking a few snaps in the wildcat formation during a 25-6 loss to the Patriots on Monday."He's done that going back to Bishop McDevitt in Pennsylvania in high school," Nagy said. "I got to see him do it."Nagy was an Eagles assistant coach when Philadelphia drafted McCoy in 2009.STALLED MCCOYMcCoy declined to speak to reporters after Buffalo's first two practices this week since expressing his frustrations after managing just 13 yards rushing against New England. Though he had a season-best 82 yards receiving, McCoy managed 1 yard on his final 11 carries.He has not scored in nine consecutive games dating to last season, since scoring a TD rushing and receiving in a 24-17 win over Miami on Dec. 17.AP Sports Writer Andrew Seligman in Lake Forest, Illinois, contributed to this report.

zhangzk n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier Bradley Chubb has made up for a slow September start