Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier That’s what makes him such a dynamic
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Sam Nov 02, 2019 9:29
Message Auteur Message
zhangzk
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  That’s what makes him such a dynamic Répondre en citant

Jon Gruden has a lot of good qualities and some questionable ones Vontaze Burfict Jersey , but the one quality he’s never had in his career is being boring. coach and what made him a..." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesSilver And Black Pride homepageHorizontal - WhiteSilver And Black Pridean Oakland Raiders communityFollow Silver And Black Pride online:Follow Silver And Black Pride on TwitterFollow Silver And Black Pride on FacebookLog in or sign upLog InSign UpSite searchSearchSearchSilver And Black Pride main menuFanpostsFanshotsRaidersOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 321 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Raiders StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Raiders NewsYahoo Raiders Team PageYahoo Raiders ReportYahoo Raiders Depth ChartYahoo Raiders TransactionsYahoo Raiders PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Jon Gruden claims Raiders backup quarterback Nathan Peterman is ‘growing on me’New,55commentsPDTJon Gruden has a lot of good qualities and some questionable ones, but the one quality he’s never had in his career is being boring. That’s what makes him such a dynamic coach and what made him a success in the Monday Night Football booth. It’s why, even if he’s been calm and understated for a period of time, you can count on him to keep everyone on their toes by saying something completely bonkers.Coach Gruden was asked after today’s training camp practice how he felt about the Raiders’ backup quarterback battle, which is between Mike ‘The Human Giraffe’ Glennon and Nathan ‘Literally the Worst Quarterback Ever’ Peterman.“I like these guys. This Nate Peterman is growing on me,” said Gruden. “He’s athletic. I know he’s had some nightmare performances in the NFL, but when you watch the film you can see why. It’s not all his fault but he’s got some talent, he’s got some athleticism, he’s got some experience. Here’s an opening day starter for the Buffalo Bills last year. I take that very serious. And he’s smart. He’s done a good job, he’s been consistent and I think he’s starting to get his confidence back and we all need that.”No, coach, no. This is the sort of thing that Mark Davis should roll up a newspaper and smack Jon Gruden on the nose for saying. I get that Peterman played for literally the Bills and that he looks the part, like how a successful quarterback should look, in shorts. But Peterman also has a record of 1-3 as a starter and a QB/INT ratio of 3/12. He was aggressively ‘meh’ in college at Pitt, where he was essentially a more boring version of Tyler Palko, and when he got to the pro ranks based entirely on his genetics and through no achievements of his own, he proved how overmatched he was and how his decision-making ability rivals that of the kid who climbed in the gorilla pen with Harambe. Nate Peterman is the sort of musclebound stiff Vince McMahon would try and fail to make a big star in the 1980s.I get that Jon Gruden likes to stand behind his players and instill confidence Seth Roberts Jersey , and I remember how he talked up Martavis Bryant before he smoked himself off the face of the planet. And this is completely moot because Mike Glennon could lose a leg to Moby Dick, contract diverticulitis and scurvy and blow off his fingers JPP-style with Independence Day fireworks and still be better than Nathan Peterman, so there’s little worry that Peterman will ever sniff the field during an actual regular season game. But this is exactly the sort of sad-sack player that Jon Gruden would love to turn into something, anything, just to prove he’s still a quarterback guru. Prepare to see Peterman given a lot of time during the second half of preseason games pretty soon. if you ‘pick six’ quarters to watch this preseason, make it the ones he plays in. They won’t be boring. ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — Mike Mayock won’t exactly get to ease into his new role as Oakland Raiders general manager after spending years as a draft analyst.Mayock knows he will be highly scrutinized with three first-round picks thanks to coach Jon Gruden’s much-criticized trades that sent franchise building blocks Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper out of town as part of a massive rebuilding project in Oakland.The first big step in that process begins with the draft, where the Raiders hold the fourth, 24th and 27th picks in the first round.“As Jon keeps telling me, ‘Don’t mess it up, dude. I took a lot of slings to get you three first-round picks,'” Mayock said. “We laugh about it all the time but … I don’t feel any pressure about it. I love it and embrace it because it’s going to give us an opportunity to continue to try to turn the corner here and become a good football team, and I think what it really gives us is flexibility and that’s what I love about it.”Finding a replacement for Mack will be paramount in the draft after the Raiders had an NFL-low 13 sacks last season following the deal that sent the 2016 AP Defensive Player of the Year to Chicago for a package that included two first-round picks.This draft is considered to be deep with pass rushers, including Nick Bosa, Josh Allen, Montez Sweat and Brian Burns on the outside, and Quinnen Williams and Ed Oliver on the inside.Now it’s about making the right choices.“On paper it looks great,” Gruden said. “When you start studying the tape Isaiah Johnson Oakland Raiders Jersey , you have to decide for yourself. Some of these guys, like I just said, are a bit mysterious, because they’re young, they’re underclassmen, they didn’t play a high percentage of snaps.”Here are some other things to watch:SWEET SPOTWhile the Raiders are in prime position with four of the top 35 picks in the draft, they won’t pick again until No. 106, having traded away their third-rounder for Antonio Brown. Mayock called the picks from about 20 to 60 the sweet spot in the draft where some of the safest picks happen and he would like to get more picks in that range if possible.“I’d love to get a couple more picks in there. I just think we have a lot of holes that need to be filled,” he said. “I think that’s a really good place to go fishing.”QUARTERBACK QUESTMayock and Gruden have publicly proclaimed Derek Carr their franchise quarterback throughout the offseason. That hasn’t stopped them from meeting with some of the top QBs in the draft, including Kyler Murray and Dwayne Haskins.In 12 drafts as a head coach, Gruden’s teams have selected a QB in the first four rounds just twice, with the Raiders taking Marques Tuiasosopo in the second round in 2001 and Tampa Bay taking Chris Simms in the third round in 2003.“If we found somebody we like better or thought had bigger upside, then you got to do the right thing for the organization,” Mayock said.OPPOSITES ATTRACTMayock and Gruden appear to be meshing much better than Gruden did last year with Reggie McKenzie, who was fired in December. That’s true even though they don’t always see eye to eye on the draft, with Gruden more apt to draft for need such as the pick of tackle Kolton Miller in the first round last year when safety Derwin James was still on the board, and more willing to take a risk on a player with character questions.“In our building, I think Jon will roll the dice a little more Isaiah Johnson Oakland Raiders Jersey , and I think I’m little more conservative,” Mayock said. “I think that’s a good balance.”TRIPLE PLAYThe Raiders could be just the fifth team this century to make three first-round picks in the same draft. Cleveland was the most recent team to do it, taking Myles Garrett, Jabril Peppers and David Njoku in 2017. Minnesota had three in 2013 (Sharrif Floyd, Xavier Rhodes, Cordarrelle Patterson), the Rams did it in 2001 (Damione Lewis, Adam Archuleta, Ryan Pickett), and the Jets had four first-rounders in 2000 (Shaun Ellis, John Abraham, Chad Pennington and Anthony Becht).RUN TO DAYLIGHTOakland signed Isaiah Crowell to be in the mix at running back with smaller backs Jalen Richard and DeAndre Washington, as well as Chris Warren III, who sat out his rookie year with an injury. The Raiders could target a back in the draft, either a featured back to carry a heavy load in the first round or a rotational one later in the draft.

zhangzk n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier That’s what makes him such a dynamic